Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'ColourWorks'

Options
  • 08-05-2005 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

hello everyone.

got a new tattoo in 'colourworks' in temple bar (above Flip) yesterday. i went to snakebite knowing they'd squeeze me in on the day but they were, naturally, closed. so anyway, i went to colourworks just to have a look about and chatted with the guy in there, who seemed cool. a friend reccomended them to me aswell.

so i decided to get my tattoo done there and then. its perfect, im very happy with it, but..

i didnt have to fill out a consent form. ive been going to snakebite for years, and everytime im getting something done they get me to fill one out anyway.
    afterwards, i wasnt given any after care advise. now i have plenty of visible tattoos, so i knew what i was doing, but i assumed that they would make sure of this.

again, snakebite, everytime, without fail, give me the lowdown and an aftercare sheet, despite knowing that im already aware of these things. its the professional way of doing things though, id be a bit shocked if snakbite wern't this careful with me everytime.

so that was that, i was sent off, with no advise whatsoever,about cleaning and taking care of my new tattoo. i found it very surprising, and offputting, you like to feel taken care of when u get a tattoo done, at least i do, and i think it was really irresponsible of them not to be safe than sorry.

anyway, rant over,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeKelly

Hmm ive never been to colourworks but that sounds a bit dodgey maybe they saw your other tattoos and assumed that you knew how to take care of it??
    Still i understand your want of advice makes the whole operation seem slightly more professional and gives you piece of mind that there good at what they do!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Never heard of this place,
    How long is it open? Regardless of whethere you have a million and one tattoos or none you still should have to fill out a consent form and you should ALWAYS recieve aftercare advice....sounds a bit odd to me.
    I'll be keeping away from the place anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Sounds like somewhere you could get tattooed locked without being turned away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

I've never heard of a consent form, but it sounds unprofessional that they didn't give yu an after care card, regardless of whether you have been previously tattooed.

I got my tat done in Limerick, one on Thomas st, what's it called? Guys name is danny anyway! He never asked me to sign anything, at least I don't remember him doing so. He did however ask if I was over 16... needless to say i laughed.... I was 19 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

JoeKelly wrote:
    maybe they saw your other tattoos and assumed that you knew how to take care of it??

Assumption is the mother of all f**k ups !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement