Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an amp/tuner for 500 watt 5.1 please

Options
  • 08-05-2005 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

My brother recently bought a Panasonic 5.1 surround/dvd system. He is looking for a seperate amp/tuner to get the most from the speakers. He sent me the following details:

Sub Model No: SB-WA520
    220 watts.

Centre Speaker Model No:SB-PC520
    Unknown watts at the moment.

Satellite Speakers (x4)
    Model No: SB-FS520
    Unknown watts at the moment.

Altogether the system has 500 watts and needs an amp/tuner that can match that. My local TV store recommended a Denon 1990 (I think) for 430e that would power these speakers. Has anyone got any recommendations? My brother does not shop online unfortunately. he lives in Dublin.

Thanks people. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

What is the name of the actual Panasonic system he has. Is it the SC-HT520?

What is wrong with the Panasonic itself? It sounds very good (for the price).

Does the back of the Panasonic have the ability to output the audio to an other amp digitally ie does it have a co-ax or optical out facilty?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I have a Harmon Kardon amp im looking to sell if he's interested..

Advertisement