Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lemmings

Options
  • 08-05-2005 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hi

I recently got Lemmings on PC (again)
    Think the first time I had it was on a C64

I'm having problems. Stuck on a few levels
    See pic

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dec

** Edit Typo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭astec123

Post a picture of the levels you are stuck on and I will help you out, I have completed the entire game, just post the image of the level as it lies on screen and I can doodle what to do on it. Completed it way back when it was on the master system. In the 80s!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

here they are

Thanks
    Dec

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

as far as I remeber u block all but one guy in and the one guy has to build steps to reah the platform. U have to be ready to click build on him again as soon as he runs out of wood or he will fall.

Thats what I thought but there is no blocker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

dig your way out!

• Advertisement

Also having bother with these

Thanks
    Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Two ideas, I haven't played Lemmings in ages though (used to have it on my Acorn Archimedes A3000 :D ).

1) Looks like they're coming out slowly, can you have all of them building steps on top of each other? 30 ladders mightn't be enough for this though.

2) Or, try to have one guy building a ladders up. Stop the rest of them by anchoring down a small bit, and then punch your way across (first right, and then left when he tries to walk back up), this will trap them under the ground. When the ladder up is built, get them out of the underground by using more ladders?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

plazzTT wrote:
    1) Looks like they're coming out slowly, can you have all of them building steps on top of each other? 30 ladders mightn't be enough for this though.

yeah i think thats it actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

the 1st pic just whenever they coem neer the steps or the gap further down just kepp clikcing build on every lemming there is enouygh buiklders

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Beast of a Level was pure evil incarnated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

For the first one you could try digging a small hole, and get all but 1 lemming to fall into it, to keep em occupied, then use the 1 guy out to build the steps, and then when the steps are built, build steps to get out of the hole. Havent played Lemmings in years, but cant you stop diggers after they have only dug a small portion of their hole? just enough to keep people trapped but without falling through the level? Might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

any chance of telling me where you can get lemmings now?

would really take me back to the good old days of gaming when i hadn't a clue what i was doing.

first one is that you build bridge every time to keep the lemmings away from the edge.

no2 make the first lemmming a climber and then once he reaches the gap bridge, that ones hard as you run out of time easily.

no3 make the first lemming build bridge, the second block the rest of em and bridge to the safe spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

plazzTT

2) Or, try to have one guy building a ladders up. Stop the rest of them by anchoring down a small bit, and then punch your way across (first right, and then left when he tries to walk back up), this will trap them under the ground. When the ladder up is built, get them out of the underground by using more ladders?
    Ye tried that but very tricky, how do I stop him punching all the way to the end

astec123

no2 make the first lemmming a climber and then once he reaches the gap bridge, that ones hard as you run out of time easily.
    How do I get the rest of them over the first step? the is only 1 bridge builder

no3 make the first lemming build bridge, the second block the rest of em and bridge to the safe spot.
    How do I get past the fire?

Thanks for all this help
    Dec

deckie27 wrote:
    plazzTT

Ye tried that but very tricky, how do I stop him punching all the way to the end

I thought they get tired of it after a while? If not, you'll have to give him another job when you want him to stop punching. Maybe if you make him a ladder builder? He should stop punching then, build one or two steps before stopping and turning around.

tba wrote:

Brilliant, and it's not even Flash!

Best DHTML game I've ever seen, such a faithful recreation too.

Advertisement