Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Free PDF Making software

• 08-05-2005 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Looking for some good free PDF making software. I am after doing up a few assigments in word for college and i'd like to be able to save them as PDF files. It would be nice aswell if the tool would keep the internal links (table of contents) in the final PDF. Surely there are some opensource tools out there. I can't find any though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://sourceforge.net/search/

Search for "pdf" lots of em there all opensource.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

pdf995.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭lardboy

I don't think it can keep links, but OpenOffice is an open source Office replacement that has a "Save to PDF" option. Very useful for things like legal contracts, but also does what you want. Almost.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

others
    pdfcreator
    dialux - www.dial.de - huge download but there is a pdf driver there somewhere

as for the links - put it all into one openoffice doc first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Sweet, thanks for the replies lads.. PDFCreator seems to be the job although it doesn't support hyper links afaik. PDF995 was good aswell but i'm not a big fan of the ads it includes with the free version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Fibonacci

I use CutePDF. You 'print' to it, and use it exactly like a printer.

Don't have the link to it, but google should do it for you. Free, no ads. and always worked great for me.

Doesn't unfortunately do the hyperlinking though

Advertisement