Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business studies

Options
  • 08-05-2005 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

anyone doing business studies and if so whats it like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i did business for 3 months in CIT before doing Multimedia in WIT. Biggest waste of time ever.

IMO most of the people who decide to do business in for 3rd level dont really know what they want to do career wise. Its a bit like people doing Arts, business is a very vague subject. But i suppose "different strokes for different folks", it wasn't my cup of tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 AC Slater

What was CIT like Rollo Tamasi? I'd say they have more computers working there. I don't think many people have an idea what they want to do after their finished, same like the leaving cert ... will i go to college or work. Business is dominating degrees these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

I think business is an easy cop out if you dont know what you want to do. In secondary school they teach you business studies from first year to your leaving and accounting as an leaving cert subject, so the foundations are already there and you have an insight into what a business degree contains! Business Studies seemed like a very "common sense" subject to me. It was a bit boring. No actually it was very boring! My econimics lecturerer was called Joeseph Keane, he asked us all to call him Joe! So we did... Joe-Keane!! Ha Ha, what a clown!

CIT have a fairly good computer setup, especially for Computer based Subjects. They are very program orientated down there.
    If only every other college was the same!

However the rest of the college is a complete kipp, what a dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

@AC
    There are actually as many legal studies students as business studies students in WIT if I remember my statistics correctly.

Advertisement