Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP3 Player? & CD's Regionalised?

Options
  • 08-05-2005 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Maybe this is a stupid question but I honestly don't know.

Anyway here it goes, are music CD's regionalised? In the same way DVD’s and computer games are, I wouldn't imagine so but I'm not sure.

And also would there be any compatibility problems with buying a MP3 player like the ipod or creative in the states and then using it over here?

Any problems using an iPod with a pc? I've heard that it can be used with a pc but there are problems that aren’t present when used with a Mac.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 j_smack

No CDs are not regionalised.

However, in recent years some publishers have moved to proprietary methods of writing to CDs, and disobeying the Red Book and Yellow Book standards set originally to determine what constitutes a "Compact Disc".

You won't have any problem buying an MP3 player except for power supply. And regarding the CDs, it will only be a problem is you try and rip/encode some CDs which are non-standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Ok cheers for the info mate thats what I wanted to hear

Advertisement