Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics Ban

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

uberwolf wrote:
    I don't see how that should matter... he was banned half an hour after the post was made - scarcely time for dozens to review it.

The principle behind the ban was in plain evidence 2 posts further up the thread.

We don't want people feeling free to say you/your opinions are ignorant, thick etc.

What we want is: I don't agree with that and here is why.

This is to retain the forum as a resource available beyond those who consistently engage in tit for tat slagging matches disregarding the object of the debate.

What Irish1 was quilty of as much as anything else was providing fuel to that fire if it was desired by the object of his post. It's a slightly more refined 'don't feed the trolls'. By appearing to insult someone you allow an alternate focus point - something we cann't abide by.

The consensus appears to be that the politics forum has improved considerably since the energy and manpower reinvigorated the moderation of the forum. The rules and interpretations continue to move, we will continue to tighten them for everyones sake. There was no alternative to Irish1 ban after the banning 2 posts earlier IMO.

Fair enough I can understand the reasoning behind that. I still think it's unfair to introduce new interpretations of the rules without giving prior warning to users.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ok, you think its unfair.
    other people also think its unfair.

some other people think its fair, and some other other people think its fair.

now, can you all agree to disagree, and let the poor mistreated chap get on with not posting in politics....?

sounds like all the republicans are ganging up together! careful now could be semtex and assualt rifles at dawn....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

The Muppet wrote:
    Fair enough I can understand the reasoning behind that. I still think it's unfair to introduce new interpretations of the rules without giving prior warning to users.

And the prior warning was the banning on the same thread earlier for doing the exact same thing...... :rolleyes:

sounds like all the republicans are ganging up together! careful now could be semtex and assualt rifles at dawn....

Thats so childish it's not worth challenging.

i know.

its utterly pointless.

like you whinging about how unfair life is. but hey, turn that frown up-side-down, its a beautiful day, and you dont have to be an unhappy little camper.

remember, you too have the power to change the world.
    just not boards.ie.

deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

... but hey, turn that frown up-side-down, its a beautiful day, and you dont have to be an unhappy little camper.

The weather must be as good on the mainland then Eamo, eh?

well, its sunny, and warm...

Nice day for sniper's so. You've a good view of HRH's gaff don't you?

i know.

its utterly pointless.

like you whinging about how unfair life is. but hey, turn that frown up-side-down, its a beautiful day, and you dont have to be an unhappy little camper.

remember, you too have the power to change the world.
    just not boards.ie.

deal with it.

Sorry for having an opinion.

aye. window overlooking the front gates and courtyard of windsor castle. perhaps pop a few innocent bystnaders as well why their at it, you know, for sh1ts 'n giggles like....

you know, im starting to enjoy this random sectarian stereotyping.
    makes a nice change from the west brit type rubbish i have to put up with from my fiannian brothers...

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote:
    Sorry for having an opinion.

hey!

dont be sorry.

just try not to give it several times in a row in the thought that no one understands what you are saying.

people understand, they simply dont agree with you.

you dont. have. to. make. it. simple. for. the. people.

We do actually support them ya know

ira.jpg

I bought this off one of their websites only last week

killyourself.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

This is starting to drift in an all together different direction.

Points have been made, disappointment expressed and the thread has remained very civil all things considered. I believe it has been trashed out as best it can be.

Closing due to repition and drifting off topic.

V.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement