Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Creative Zen is in need of repair!

Options
  • 09-05-2005 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

The headphone socket on my Zen is acting up. its cutting out when you move the jack from side to side. i need to get it repaired. its out of warranty. any one know where to go or roughly how much this costs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

not sure how much it costs but u can send it back to creative in dublin even tho its out of warrenty. if u ring them they'll be able to give u a price and how long it will take... ill try get the number later today

heres the number for the online store but they should be able to help you or put you through to the right people 01 806 6909

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Have you tried with different headphones? Worth a try if not.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

01-4380055 Thats there support line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Its a known issue with earlier versions of the zen. They fixed the issue with later releases by triple soldering the headphone port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭curlywee

if you search on the zen nomad forums you will find a user archbishop or someting who has a step by step guide to fixing this problem

Its not easy though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I've done it, depending on which side of the jack is loose it could be far harder. Usually it's the left side that goes (mine was the right) and looking at it the left looks far harder to solder.

Here is a link to the bishop's guide to fixing it yourself.
    http://www.pcpages.com/thebishop/nomadfix/

edit - All the pictures seem to be down. I think I have them saved to my HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Only have 5 of them. Dunno if it's any help to you.

Advertisement