Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferrari & Bridgestone

• 09-05-2005 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭

Once again Bridgestone have SCREWED up really badly on Ferrari

Ok 1 puncture on a car you can accept and not blame the tyre company but 2 punctures - both on the same side of the car - coincidence - i think not!

Tyre company change for Ferrari next year unless Bridgestone get contracts with more top teams next year!

Ferrari and Sauber are the only teams on the B/S rubber and they arent gettin enough data to produce decent tyres!

Ferrari boys have to be very pist off! :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Schumacher went for the softer compound tyre and it worked against him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Robbo wrote:

Softer compound or not - to tyre failures in the space of 2 laps is NOT ON !!!

Bridgestone screwed up and they know it - according to itv-f1.com they have flow the 2 tyres back to Tokyo for serious inspection!

Robbo wrote:

Softer compound or not - two tyre failures in the space of 2 laps is NOT ON !!!

Bridgestone screwed up and they know it - according to itv-f1.com they have flow the 2 tyres back to Tokyo for serious inspection!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Having to use the same tyre's for the race rule included in this mess. But honestly, every team/driver knows that your left side tyres take a real beating on that circuit. Going for a soft compound wasn't a clever idea considering that he wouldn't be allowed to change them. That said, Bridgestone would be worried by it too.

Also, Jordan use bridgestone too, so thats 3 teams that use it. I think Minardi switched last season.

Bridgestone don't get nearly as many miles completed in testing, which I'm sure comtributed to the incidents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Ye call yourselves F1 fans?! :D

Ferrari only share Bridgestones with Jordan/ Midland and Minardi! And let's face it...what good is that for feedback?!

Sauber switched to Michelin. Which probably contributed to the sour relationship where they won't be using Ferrari engines next year. Red Bull will be though.

Mark my words. I'm putting this on the record right here:
    Ferrari won't lose the WC this year...Bridgestone will!

• Advertisement

Ay Cee wrote:
    Ye call yourselves F1 fans?! :D

Ferrari only share Bridgestones with Jordan/ Midland and Minardi! And let's face it...what good is that for feedback?!

Sauber switched to Michelin. Which probably contributed to the sour relationship where they won't be using Ferrari engines next year. Red Bull will be though.

Mark my words. I'm putting this on the record right here:
    Ferrari won't lose the WC this year...Bridgestone will!

Sorry Ay Cee........im very peed of with myself............was in a rush earlier typing my post and wasnt think straight.........humblest apologies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

On the other hand, Bridgestone makes tyres that are custom made for Ferrari. When that relationship works, it works a lot better than the Michelin fits-all deal that the Michelin teams get. You'd have to assume that this was one of the reasons Ferrari was so dominant in previous years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Yeah but look at 2003. MICHAEL won that Championship. Michelin were all over Bridgestone that year.

No probs Curran ;)

Advertisement