Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

komplett, cooling off

• 09-05-2005 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I think I'm right but still want to check,

I bought a mouse from komplett, that I didn't like, so I applied for RMA, their cooling off page says that I have a right to return a mouse if it doesn't have any damages, and it's not been more than 10 days since I got it

http://www.komplett.ie/k/k.asp?action=custserv&topic=cooling

also their RMA form, has an option called "Just don't want it" meaning that I can return it if I don't want it right? if not, why to have that option?

today I receive with this response:

" I'm afraid we can't take it back unless it is faulty.
    I'm sorry, but we must insist that compatibility/preference has to be the customer's responsibility, otherwise we end up making l
    arge losseswhen not actually doing anything wrong ourselves."

Then why do you have that "cooling off" thing?

also it doesn't say anything on their page, in returns or cooling off

but this is what it said in the email:

Komplett reserve the right to charge a fee for rejected RMA requests
    if they are found to be one of the following:

a) Item not bought from usb) No Fault Found
    c) Defect/problem being caused by human error

and here's what it says on the page:

You only pay return postage and the price which you paid for the item will be accredited to your credit card account after we receive your return.

and:

Some special cases for which you do not have a right to cancel:

* Services provided within seven working days.
    * Goods made to your personal specifications. (eg.: PC built to order)
    * Sealed audio or video recordings or computer software which you have opened.

A mouse, doesn't fall into none of that category.

Isn't this a ripoff?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Why not get McKomplett on the case here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=242

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

shouldnt this be in the komplett forum.....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

yes, sorry, but anyways the problem is resolved(Thanks to BlackWizard)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭lolly.o

I'm just wondering how your problem got resolved? I just bought a phone from komplett and i'm wondering if, when i get to see it properly, i don't like it, can i return it under the cooling off period?

I thought that this was what the cooling off period was for seeing as you don't know exactly what the item you're buying is like when you buy off the internet. You should be given the chance to examine it and not just have to buy from a picture on the internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

lolly.o wrote:
    I'm just wondering how your problem got resolved? I just bought a phone from komplett and i'm wondering if, when i get to see it properly, i don't like it, can i return it under the cooling off period?

I thought that this was what the cooling off period was for seeing as you don't know exactly what the item you're buying is like when you buy off the internet. You should be given the chance to examine it and not just have to buy from a picture on the internet?

I got it resolved by selling it to a forum member(BlackWizard)

Komplett offered to accept it back with 80% refund, I tore the manual when I first got it, so that might have been the reason for that 20% cut.

But generally, online shops, are a real PITA about returning goods.

• Advertisement
Advertisement