Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

child minder pay

Options
  • 09-05-2005 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

I know this topic may have been covered in the past but I would love to know what ye all think. how much should I charge my daughter for taking care of her little girl. If i could afford it I would do it for nothing. I gave up my own job a year ago because I felt that my daughter needed to make a life for herself after she split with the father. At the beginning I was charging her 30 euro a day.. but then I was afraid that she thought that was too much so i reduced it to 25 per day.
    As they live with us I babysit for her for free any night she wants to go out. and she doesnt have to pay anything for their keep.
    ok simple question.. what is the going rate for childminding?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MadMoss

I think since they don't pay anything more for their keep, that it is important that u do get paid for minding your grandchild. If u feel awkward about taking money everyday for childminding, maybe u could arrange a certain amount per week instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

gubby wrote:
    I gave up my own job a year ago because I felt that my daughter needed to make a life for herself after she split with the father.

Now that's motherly love. :)

That rollercoaster link didn't work for me, so.....

Pre-school childminding tends to be more expensive. A guy I work with here pays around 800 a month, but that goes down the older the child gets. We play 110 per week for our son to be minded, but he's nearly 8 so practically minds himself (it's only after school).

The babysitting thing is part of being a grandparent IMO. My mother and parents in law mind our little lad when we want to go out together once they're not doing anything themselves.

Is your daughter trying to save for a deposit on a house / flat or anything? If you feel bad taking 30 a day from her (quite cheap really for 1:1 toddler care, especially from someone with plenty of experience) then you should consider putting some of it aside in a credit union account or something like that.

Advertisement