Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fast acting lawn seed

Options
  • 09-05-2005 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

i have discovered a brand of westlands lawn seed (see here) which claims to give you a lawn in 10 days ( 5-6 days optimal ) - has anyone had experience with this - i presume you can hardly play football on it after that length , but even if the grass was up and semi durable in under 2 weeks then it would suit my situation - anyone with experience of this ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

gumboots wrote:
    i have discovered a brand of westlands lawn seed (see here) which claims to give you a lawn in 10 days ( 5-6 days optimal ) - has anyone had experience with this - i presume you can hardly play football on it after that length , but even if the grass was up and semi durable in under 2 weeks then it would suit my situation - anyone with experience of this ???
    as long as it doesn't grow like crazy after it germinates and you could be cutting it every 2nd day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jay567

Having just layed a new lawn in my own place, normal seed takes about 4 weeks to come up and show a little cover. After about 6 weeks its now really looking well. As a note just be aware that u cant walk on the lawn for over 2 months. Regardless how fast it comes up i still wouldnt think u can walk on it for min 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Why not get the rolled grass and be done with it.Helped a mate on friday lay 50 square meters of the stuff.Looked great,instant effect but no walking on it for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

mad m wrote:
    Why not get the rolled grass and be done with it.Helped a mate on friday lay 50 square meters of the stuff.Looked great,instant effect but no walking on it for a good while.

yes considered it - but the area is 15 * 100 ft which is 166sqr yrs about 150 sqr mtrs - at about 4 psm = around 600 euro - definitely not in the budget - it's not an option -
    to be honest it's the fast acting stuff or nothing - i was just wondering if anyone had seen it in action or not- i actually bought a small box of it the other day and sowed a small test patch just as a tryout so if it works then i'll buy some more - thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

After reading this thread.... I went away spread that fast acting seed that you mentioned....Jasus I hope it does the job :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

MR DAZ wrote:
    After reading this thread.... I went away spread that fast acting seed that you mentioned....Jasus I hope it does the job :p

did it work ????

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

yeah ... its sprouting up well now...theres a green glow across the garden at the monent , another week or so and it'll be almost completlely covered.

I must say it deosnt seem to be patchy either!

Advertisement