Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW Macros

Options
  • 09-05-2005 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Howdy folks,
    Having been told of some of the fantastic things that can be done with Macros in WoW, I thought to myself, "God Damn but I gotta get me some of those!"
    But having macro knowledge similar to that of a Senile Amish Ludite I can but figure out only the very simplest of scripts.
    So if any of you out there have any interesting macros they would like to post that would be cool.
    In particular I am looking for one that allows you to quickly switch between a 2H wepaon and two 1H weapons or weapon and shield etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Check out http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod first, has some great UI stuff and macros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hachidan

koneko wrote:
    Check out http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod first, has some great UI stuff and macros

Thanx, have only taken a quick look at it so far but it looks like it has a heap of good stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

the faq in the www.worldofwarcraft.com warrior forums (official US forums) has links to a post with macros for weapon switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I've a great macro.
    /g D
    /g DI
    /g DIN
    /g DING
    /g DING!

Same for Grats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I will personally shoot anyone who uses that :P

• Advertisement

Ah geez, that's annoy me. Save the "dings" for important levels. So annoying having people do that every couple of minutes "DING 23, woot!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

koneko obviously doesn't have the community spirit.

koneko obviously doesn't have the community spirit.

When there's 200 people in a guild* and they all tell you each time they ding, it gets annoying :p

*less now though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

koneko wrote:
    When there's 200 people in a guild* and they all tell you each time they ding, it gets annoying :p

*less now though

You're annoying.

.logic.

logic1 wrote:
    You're annoying.

.logic.

Ooooh burn!
    That hurts on the inside, man.

(Terry Tate rules)

• Advertisement

koneko wrote:
    Ooooh burn!
    That hurts on the inside, man.

(Terry Tate rules)

Size counts.

.logic.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Get a room!! :p

I've been meaning to get myself some macros, surely there is a library of them somewhere? I dont like installing huge things like Cosmos et al cos when the upgrades come, they break :(

DeV.

Magey-man, this Macro will help (you could get SelfCast instead but it's a UI thing, where you hold Alt while clicking on a spell casts it on yourself)

/target <yourname>
    /cast <shift-click Remove Lesser Curse in here from the spellbook>
    /assist

(There's another better version of the last line but I can't remember it, and the above works for me).

Then stick the button on your taskbar. Removes curses from you without having to target yourself and then target the mob/bad-guy again. Very quick, very handy in PVP.

I can't remember how many UI mods I have, too many to count at this stage I bet, stuff like QuickMountEquip is so incredibly handy.

DeVore wrote:

I've been meaning to get myself some macros, surely there is a library of them somewhere? I dont like installing huge things like Cosmos et al cos when the upgrades come, they break :(

DeV.

Yeah such a pain, although I've been using Insomniax and it's great, however there are a few good macro sites.

Wow forum stickies:

http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-interface-en&t=6&p=1&tmp=1#post6

The WoW Wiki:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Main_Page

US Forums thread:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-interface-customization&t=4270&p=1&tmp=1#post4270

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

DeVore wrote:

DeV.
    I gave up on Cosmos for the same reason :( I use ctmod (ctmod.net) at the moment. Much fewer releases but it seems a lot more reliable and if you tick the option in WoW to load out-of-date addons then it' (in my experience) keeps motoring on after patches. (Edit: Apparently Insomniax includes CtMod, damn you Niallo :P)

Their UI/Customisation forum on the US website has links to macros and what not. What specifically do you want macro'd, surely someone can give you what they use.

quozl wrote:
    (Edit: Apparently Insomniax includes CtMod, damn you Niallo :P)

Indeed it does! All the lvl 60's that have a clue use it I hear *COUGH*

.logic.

Advertisement