Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good/Cheap source of roof rack or roof bars?

Options
  • 09-05-2005 12:04pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a roof rack for a BMW e36 4dr saloon..
    Anyone know somewhere decent to get one.. I assume Halfords would definitely have one, but I'd rather not pay primo price if possible..

Also if anyone knows one going 2nd hand I'd appreciate a heads up..

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Try ebay or buy and sell. Also Tent shops usually do them.

I usually get the OEM roof rack though if it's a nice car, go to the dealers.

The other ones are usually fairly generic and the bars tend to extend way past the width of some cars resulting in you or your passengers bumping your heads off them every time you get out.

The generic ones look really crap too, and to me that would make a big difference on a nice car.

When I had my Fiesta the Ford roof rack was actually considerably cheaper than a generic one in the place I used to get them. Not the case with the Golf however :)

With the OEM ones too you tend to get clear plastic stickers to protect your paint, not so with the generic ones. No idea why they don't just throw them in, can't cost that much extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Paddy Hopkirk ones are cheap, you can get them in most good motor factors

Advertisement