Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you know your sitting next to a trinner student on the bus...

• 09-05-2005 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

He tells you...

Ka POW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

That's actually quite funny.. :D

Personally though I'll avoid if possible telling people I go here, unless they're cocky s.o.b's or a bouncer. If not and they ask what college I got to, I just mumble it and try change the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

hmmm....if people ask i say. i don't say it in "look at me I'm from trinity i must be smart"way nor do i say "i go to trinity, don't hate me, i'm cool too" kind of way.

Educational complex i don't have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

The Smell.....

Bah, that's an old one. Next you'll throw up the one about a UCD'er, a DIT'er and a TCD'er all die and are in front of God...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

They are writing and they correctly spell "you're"?

• Advertisement

let the lameness begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

That joke is only funny the first seven times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

When he asks you for some grey poupon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

I hate telling people I go to trinity. It always make me feel like Im being pompous or superior (even though I can ensure you I never believe that)and theres always a second of akward silence afterwords usually ended by the person mumbling something like "very good". like apeXaviour I usually mumble it and try and change the subject quickly. Anyone else ever feel like this?

I don't.

OT - You could probably tell by the bus number.

Seriously,

Maybe we should start a thread about awkwardness due to misinformed Trinity Sterotypes. A lot of people I know think Trinity is just much much better than all the other university's in ireland, although they themselves wouldn't have a clue.

• Advertisement

OT - You could probably tell by the bus number.

Seriously,
    Kev don't talk bollox.. almost all buses go to trinity, it being in town and all.

duh..

btw I know he means cos we all come from a certain area. Which is even more thick cos we don't. Kev please name these certain areas. Go on give it a shot. Actually I'll just save you the hassle and tell you you're wrong, cos most of those people go to UCD

Sorry I didn't understand that, was I supposed to say something?
    btw I know he means cos we all come from a certain area. Which is even more thick cos we don't. Kev please name these certain areas. Go on give it a shot. Actually I'll just save you the hassle and tell you you're wrong, cos most of those people go to UCD

ignore that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Kevin!! :eek:

Chick!

Btw when I said "piece of ****" i meant S.H.I.T. - strong, handsome, intelligent thinker.

I hope so, play nice!

Chick wrote:
    *random appearance of chick*

*gasp*

No, really I did. And for the record Lucan isn't really a kip either. Not all of it.

Haha, Yes....!

I got him all flustered :D . Sorry that you were butt of a wee experiment kev.

Also that was a joke??? Some joke. It might explain its not being true, but it lacks something: a punchline. Flapping inaccurate statements does not a joke make..

lol good one with the common people drivel.. I'll qualify that by saying I despise the attitude where somebody thinks they're inherently better than somebody else based on "class". This angers me to the point of violence.

Myth wrote:
    *random appearance of chick*

It's what I do best :cool:

You got me.

:o:o:o
    somebody thinks they're inherently better than somebody else based on "class".

who's been implying this? or is that just another OT rant?

• Advertisement

I'm a very proud trinner........

Love the college and the last thing I would consider is to not extol the fact I attend there.........

It's in your bones at this stage Indy!

generally speaking, the words trinner and trinners annoy me.

Been to trinner now for so long I suppose it is......

Gonna miss this college.... been an action packed 6 years! However, next year = cash..... so there are pros as well to leaving college.....

Do you guys not have rostered yr that you get paid for like I will in 3rd yr? (however rubbish the pay is... it's still €'s!)

Seal face i could never stay angry with you.

Seal face!! Aw I'd forgotten all about that lol!

You just gotta love the whole seal pup thing, it's just so damn cute :)

Seal face i could never stay angry with you.
    :o:o:o

:D
    Do you guys not have rostered yr that you get paid for like I will in 3rd yr? (however rubbish the pay is... it's still €'s!)
    My intern year is of sorts my rostered year and I will get well paid next year.

I am provisionally registered with the medical council for that year and am (supposed) to do everything under supervision......

:D

Supposed to being used quite loosely I see.... Reassuring(!) ;)

Seal face you'll look so cute in a little seal tux :D

• Advertisement

A tux made from seal skin. I must voice my disagreement.

No no no! You've got me wrong!

I mean a tux with little seals on it... like PJ type of thing!

Chick wrote:
    No no no! You've got me wrong!

Murderer. Release the hounds..

phew. the hounds can rest now for a while.

Get those things back in their cages! sheesh you guys are certainly hostile tonight!

gotta watch your step around these parts...

yeah what's with you guys, take a chill pill.

• Advertisement

That's the spirit :)

Cool....... I think a wee sealskin tux would look cool on me, anyone want to join the club?
    Murderer. Release the hounds..

Myths being ratty..... lol...... :D

indy what time will the college open at tomorrow? will it be open at 7 for nonresidents. i assume it is.

7 to the best of my knowledge officially, but have gotten in at 6amish before for Med Day......

They open early for deliveries and as long as you are sober on entry, should be grand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Back to the Trinity acknowledgement debate:

i've had funnier reactions telling people i study science (female? blonde? science? are you sure you didn't get your CAO mixed up - shouldn't you be in bess?).

I think people react differently depending on what you say you're studying, no disrespect to the arts species, but 'i'm studying ancient history/philosophy/theology' can be seen as more fitting the Trinners Stereotype.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

hmmm....if people ask i say. i don't say it in "look at me I'm from trinity i must be smart"way nor do i say "i go to trinity, don't hate me, i'm cool too" kind of way.

Educational complex i don't have.

Due to the archaic proclivities of a number of my bucolic kinsmen and women, I tend to catch a lot of flak for saying I'm in the big Trin. I just avoid saying it where I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

i've had funnier reactions telling people i study science (female? blonde? science? are you sure you didn't get your CAO mixed up - shouldn't you be in bess?)

Heh. You should throw some quantum physics their way, make them feel small and insignificant.

But if someone asks me what I'm "doing with myself" (lovely Meathism for you there; and usually they assume I'm still in school, the benefits of not looking my age) I say I'm doing science in trinity. Not because I'm uber-proud because I'm a trinner, but because it saves them having to ask me where I go. And if they think I'm being pompous, I don't care and they can go **** themselves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well i say i'm doing maths, and i get 2 reactions :
    Either they tell me they are doing the same thing... whether it actually means they are doing maths in bess/science/engineering/etc. they all assume my degree is just composed of that little bit of maths they do(wouldn't that be sweet)......

Or they start asking with what other subjects assuming i'm doing science....

Its rare enough once they figure out i'm doing pure maths they ask what college i goto, as well the fact i'm doing maths means most conversations change topic away from education fairly damn fast.

Yeah maths is ghey..

;)

i'd disagree but..

Ah no maths is kewl, but you gotta be that type of tenacious person who gets a kick outta ploughing your way through problems and proving things and whatnot. It's a little too abstract for my personal likeing, but to each his/her own. All parts of my subject are inextricably linked to maths (statistics, mechanics and one helluva lot of calculus), especially the (sub-relativistic) quantum mech I'm doing at the moment. So I do know a bit of what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Is maths a course you have to be naturally good at to get darth bobo i.e. if you work hard at it is it still very difficult. I would have liked to do it but i dont think im very naturally gifted at it. I got a B1 in my leaving but im sure the overwhelming majority in the course would have A1's.

Babybing wrote:
    Is maths a course you have to be naturally good at to get darth bobo i.e. if you work hard at it is it still very difficult. I would have liked to do it but i dont think im very naturally gifted at it. I got a B1 in my leaving but im sure the overwhelming majority in the course would have A1's.
    Well one would have to be naturally good at it. But leaving cert maths are nothing remotely like pure maths in college so arn't a guide as to how you would fair at all. So your B1 is really irrelvent. I recommend have a leaf through a few calculus/algebra books in a library and see what you think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ferrioxide

I think I hate exam time.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

How you know your sitting beside a trinner student on the bus ?????

mmmmmmmmmm let me think ?????

they make sh** threads like this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=254764

NNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement