Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless and Eircom Phonewatch

• 09-05-2005 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

When I hooked up my broadband I was told I couldn't have wireless because I have Eircom Phonewatch.

Anyone know if this is the case? I can't see any logical reason myself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Don't know who told you this, but it's complete and utter nonsense..
    My wireless has never interfered with my Phonewatch system, and vice versa..

Just buy yourself a wireless router, and DIY.

Also, boards has a wealth of previous topics on the subject, so fire up the search engine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Don't know who told you this

Eircom. Who else?

I've found out the skinny on a few other threads. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jamesbond

hi,

having the wireless modem is a better option if you have a phonewatch as it doesaway with running wires from the alarm to the splitter where your modem is located,i would sugesst go for the wireless it wont interere with your alarm,
    i think eircom supply the wireless modem now in all there packs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Has it got something to do with the fact if there is a power failure the wireless receiver will stop working, and so phonewatch won't be fully operational?

I have Digiweb metro and they don't recommend hooking your phonewatch line to their modem. Copied this from Digiweb:

I have a monitored alarm service – will the service work?
    No - you should keep your existing line for you alarm service. We are currently working on our own home security products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Has it got something to do with the fact if there is a power failure the wireless receiver will stop working, and so phonewatch won't be fully operational?
    No, it has to do with the analog tones that the alarm device tries to send over the "line". They don't fit into the voice frequencies that the "telephone line" in Metro provides. That's why FAX and analog modem connections don't work either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement