Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howth East Pier -May 08 2005

Options
  • 09-05-2005 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭

Went for an hour with Henry (Aoife's nephew) we caught 1 wrasse to ragworm.

710henry019-med.jpg

710henry017-med.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Have to say being used to rocky West Cork where you catch 4lb wrasse with a pair of false teeth tied to a clothes line, I am not impressed :p But then I haven't added anything better myself, so here is my first fly-caught trout, which I got on a river outside Pucon a few weeks ago on holidays in Chile. Have never done much trout fishing but bought a fly rod when I got home and so far have managed to land rainbow trout about two inches long from the local river ;)

Will be heading to the sea on Saturday I think, meant to go last Saturday but it has been so long since I was fishing in the sea that by the time I found my reel it was too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

Illkillya wrote:
    Have to say being used to rocky West Cork where you catch 4lb wrasse with a pair of false teeth tied to a clothes line, I am not impressed :p But then I haven't added anything better myself, so here is my first fly-caught trout, which I got on a river outside Pucon a few weeks ago on holidays in Chile. Have never done much trout fishing but bought a fly rod when I got home and so far have managed to land rainbow trout about two inches long from the local river ;)

Will be heading to the sea on Saturday I think, meant to go last Saturday but it has been so long since I was fishing in the sea that by the time I found my reel it was too late.

Tasty looking trout there m8, nout like catching a trout while fly fishing, but im telling ya im been trying to catch a bugger out near inniscarra dam i been i know he's the same trout by the size of him ill get him 1 of these days.

Jd btw thats a fine size of wrasse in my opion :D

Advertisement