Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing vb6 with Dot Net

Options
  • 09-05-2005 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I did a search to see if anyone had already asked this question and could not find it asked anywhere.

Its probably a silly question but I wanted to know is there any problem with installing VB 6 and VB.Net on the same machine? Would there be anyproblems with the Registy etc?

cheers
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Both will run fine on the same machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

No problem at all. I have VB5, 6, .Net 2002 and .Net 2003 on the one machine and have no problems (apart from the obvious loss of disk space).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

cool, thank you both, thats good to know, I'm finally trying to upgrade my skills from vb6 to .Net and it opccured to me that I will still have a few ongoing projects in VB6.
    Thanks again!
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

If you PC has the horsepower, memory etc then Virtual PC is fantastic for stuff like this. I am testing out converting our projects to VS.net 2005 and doing it all inside Virtual PC. We are also bringing some old Foxpro stuff back to life and all the development is done in a Virtual PC environment so no one has to contaminate their boot OS with Foxpro.

Advertisement