Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Head work

• 09-05-2005 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭

I had a name for a crowd of engineers in dublin that had done hardened valve guides work on a classic (an amazon possibly?), but I've mislaid it.

Can anyone make a recommendation? I'm sourceing the bronze guides from the web, but I'd like to deal with someone who had been through this many times and knows what they're doing. Volvo 1800ES - B20E head.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I would only use these guys for engine head work -

Engine Spares Ltd Lanesboro Co. Longford Phone +353 43 21155

Give them a call and see if they meet your requirements.

'c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

you could also look up B R Howards they based in Glasnevin done headwork for me a few times Highly recomend them
    Pete
    Cant remember their number but they are in the book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

Loftus Farrell & Co. Greenmount Industrial park. Ask for Derek. They did a great job on my SL engine !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Thanks for the pointers lads. Much appreciated.
    Hope none of them take offence at being supplied with prefabricated guides, but I wanted to be sure that there wasn't room for error.

Now...
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a paintshop in Dublin, that can blend in a couple of small rust-treated points on a metallic painted yoke? I'd love invisible end results, but without re-mortgaging the house to get them.

Advertisement