Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post from the UK

Options
  • 09-05-2005 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed that getting post from the UK seems to be dog slow lately? Have been waiting 3 weeks for some stuff at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

In my experience it's very variable. Delivery times can take from 2 days to 2 weeks, maybe even longer for parcels. Make sure you specify "REPUBLIC of Ireland" in the address, otherwise it may take the scenic route via Belfast. However, my feeling is that delays are more likely to be the fault of our own wonderful postal service. Everything probably goes to Dublin first and languishes there for a few days before getting sent out to the sticks. Anyone know how it works?
    Having said that, I haven't noticed it being any worse than usual recently. Just received a DVD from play.com (in Jersey) around a week after buying it.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

A few months ago on the same day 5 different packages from the UK arrived all at once - the newest was sent 4 days previously and the oldest 2 weeks previously...personally I blame Royal Mail - they must wait to fill a container before sending stuff on..

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Akula

i sent a letter from cork to dublin and it took about 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Mallow to Little Island - 5 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

note to self: setup short-haul courier company.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

rymus wrote:
    note to self: setup short-haul courier company.
    Note to rymus: I used to run the store for a big packaging firm a long while back, and met a few guys that ran short-haul courier companies. It's an absolute bastard of a job.

adam

Advertisement