Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry

Options
  • 09-05-2005 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting a 7100 blackberry.

Can't decide vodafone or o2.

any opinions? Whats the 7100 like? Go with o2 or vodafone?

Anybody use these for anything other than email? Msn Messenger?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JohnnyMobile

personally I dont like the 7100v I have gone back to using a 7290, much easier for typing on.
    I have MSN messenger clone running on it but mine is going through a corporate BES, I dont know how it would work on a 7100 webclient version as their internet access is directed through a wap gateway as opposed to full internet access. You will be able to use WAP enabled versions of messenger but these rely on updating every minute or so so they are not very "real time".

Dont mind all the horror stories about blackberry devices and people telling you you will never use one... once you get one you will lash mails out left right and centre :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

Wouldn't that work out horribly expensive on vodafone though since they charge you for all internet traffic excluding email on it? MSN is what I'd really love to get going.

O2 everything is free once you pay the rental so quite tempted by the 7100x. Or indeed also by the 7290 & use it for data only.

it might work out expensive alright as your pulling data over their live.vodafone.com APN rather then the blackberry.net APN so its not included in your monthly payment.

Why only use the 7290 for data?? they are as good for voice as the 7100 ... I get strange looks talking on mine sometimes cause it looks like your talking into a calculator :)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭brianc123

Hi I know this is off topic but JohnnyMobile what's the name of the MSN clone and where is it available from ?

thanks for you help

brianc123 wrote:
    Hi I know this is off topic but JohnnyMobile what's the name of the MSN clone and where is it available from ?

thanks for you help

Hi I downloaded a trial version from www.shapeservices.com its called IM+ does icq and yahoo IM also. This my trial version has expired though

• Advertisement
Advertisement