Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Studio 2003/Vss weirdness

Options
  • 09-05-2005 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I'm using VSS as my source control. When I check my aspx files out to my working folder's files are updated. The problem is the version in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\project_name aren't being updated. Hence Visual Studio doesn't have the latest version of the file. Anybody got an idea how I can sync the two folders?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

Ah yes one of my pet peeves when it come to Vs.Net, VSS and web projects. You really have to set the working folder to the web folder, C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\project_name.

You will find if you do a Source Control, Add Project From Source Control and its a web project then your working folder is automagically reset to the web folder regardless of what you choose yourself. It annoyed me no end at first because I like to keep my local copy structure the same as my VSS copy but I could find no way around it.

Advertisement