Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ski Slopes???

Options
  • 09-05-2005 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Im just a puny first year that was wondering where exactly the Ski Slopes are!?! I know where everythin else is but nobody ever explained where the ski slopes are!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Big Glass face building. Sloped windows about 3 stories high. Hence the name. The Jean Monet theatre is there. EGO 10....etc...... Come out of the lib and look to your left across the way.

Look at arrow
    campusMap.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

yeah it confused me too at the start of the year

"meet us at the ski slopes"

"the what?"

"where the dillyo are they?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

You ba$tards have ski slopes??!?!?!"£##"!$111!
    What dont ye have?....
    hrmfrh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

dawballz wrote:
    You ba$tards have ski slopes??!?!?!"£##"!$111!
    What dont ye have?....
    hrmfrh.

Yeah I find it really hard to get down to study when I can be shooting down the sky slopes at 60 mph + god the life of a UL student is so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I learn something new every day!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'm a n00b. :( never knew or even heard it referred to by such a name.

guess I'm not in the right 'clique'...ho_hum

• Registered Users Posts: 36 redalert2

You're not the only one-i'm in third year+i never heard it called that before!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

kaimera wrote:
    I'm a n00b. :( never knew or even heard it referred to by such a name.
    That makes me a noob too! After 3 years, you wouldnt think it

yay! we have our own 'clique'! w00y!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Am i the only one who thought the ski slopes were something else???

/tumbleweed

• Advertisement

in a word > yes Peter.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I never heard them referred to as Ski-Slopes... it was always just... I'll meet you at the big glass pyramidy thing beside the Iron man.

I always wondered if it would be possible to climb that glass thing too... imagine stripping done boll*ck naked and using your skin as traction... and then imagine the pain and burning sensation as you slip and start to slide all the way down down down down... down down..... oooooouuuucccchhh!

hmmm...i think we found an idea for rag week next year :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I'm sure somebody else has contemplated it / done it.... they've been there a good few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

brown man? ffs brown thomas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Ya i heard of the ski slope. What I cant understand is, when you ask someone to meet you there and they dont know where it is, where else would they go???

And, as an aside, I always called it the bronze man, for some unknown reason [I know its not made of bronze!]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I heard the world hide and seek champion is the man they made the mould of the Iron man out of!!!

Advertisement