Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps2 joined to laptop

Options
  • 09-05-2005 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi, was just wondering if its possible to connect a ps2 to a laptop and use the screen to display it. this would be handy for long journeys(which i make a bit) as i have an inverter in the car that would power a ps2. (dont want to install one of those 5" lcd's- not into all this installing dvd players and all into the car just for the odd occasion)
    this is probably not possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

as far as i know its not, Since the controller for the screen is build into the gfx chip...Although you might be able to use a usb video capture card to display the output of ps2 on the screen, This would require that you've got a very high spec machine to get realtime capture

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

digiking wrote:
    .Although you might be able to use a usb video capture card to display the output of ps2 on the screen, This would require that you've got a very high spec machine to get realtime capture

Not completely true - a USB device is what you need, the newer ones do realtime hardware based encoding. But there is about a second of a delay from the input to the screen, not much good for games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

i tried this with a ps2 through an offboard wintv (usb2) to laptop to see how it worked....utterly useless !!

Advertisement