Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When Do You Finish?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

That's my situation. I have two on Thursday which is my last day. What should a person do with two hours until their next exam? Head to the pub maybe?

Pfft, consider yourself blessed...I have THREE hours between my second last exam and my last one.

9:30am Logic exam (how anybody is supposed to be logical at that ungodly hour really is beyond me, but anyway...) until 11:30 and then a three hour gap until History.

Pub sounds tempting...but somehow I don't think my essays on Post-War France would be quite as coherent if I knocked back a few before writing them...

Although it could be an interesting experiment..

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Vainglory wrote:
    Pfft, consider yourself blessed...I have THREE hours between my second last exam and my last one.

9:30am Logic exam (how anybody is supposed to be logical at that ungodly hour really is beyond me, but anyway...) until 11:30 and then a three hour gap until History.

Pub sounds tempting...but somehow I don't think my essays on Post-War France would be quite as coherent if I knocked back a few before writing them...

Although it could be an interesting experiment..

:rolleyes:

What do you think you'll do then?

What do you think you'll do then?

....Sun myself in the pleasant surroundings of the RDS while musing on Vichy France?

:)

Vainglory wrote:
    ....Sun myself in the pleasant surroundings of the RDS while musing on Vichy France?

:)

I don't think "sun" and "RDS" can be used in the same sentence. ;)

I don't think "sun" and "RDS" can be used in the same sentence. ;)

Hmm, it seemed to me that the sun would ALWAYS be out between the hours of 2:30 and 5:30..then as soon as you stepped outside, the heavens opened.

Someone up there has it in for us poor stressed exam-ees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

finished on the 19th and only started today :) monday, wednesday, friday this week then the following thursday

so where's the poll/thread on the best date for an end of exams boards thingy????

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

mmm... beerage.

Vainglory wrote:
    Hmm, it seemed to me that the sun would ALWAYS be out between the hours of 2:30 and 5:30..then as soon as you stepped outside, the heavens opened.

Someone up there has it in for us poor stressed exam-ees.

Yeah I know what you mean. Still, I'd say it's horrible in August. All that sunshine and you're left inside doing an exam.
    tribulus wrote:
    so where's the poll/thread for the best date for an end of exams board thingy????

More to the point, WHERE would such a thingy be held?

More to the point, WHERE would such a thingy be held?

ah indeed where??in college???town??? chances of it materialising are slim i reckon, too many people finished on too many different dates :(

How about one in early June when everyone's finished?

• Advertisement

How about one in early June when everyone's finished?

Aren't the results in June? How about then?

Aren't the results in June? How about then?

yeah lets celebrate how sh1t we all did, or more more likely drown our sorrows ;):p

so end of june?? results out around the 20th in general i think

Around then? Why, my 21st just happens to be on June 24th!

I'm finished tomorrow. I can't wait. Except for the fact I haven't studied today for either of the TWO exams I have tomorrow. Actually I can wait... :D

I'm finished tomorrow. I can't wait. Except for the fact I haven't studied today for either of the TWO exams I have tomorrow. Actually I can wait... :D

:mad: :mad: most of my mates are finshed on friday when i'm not done 'tilll the 19th - stupid computer science :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I've still 2 and a half weeks to go! :mad: Hope you have a good time tonight though - actually what the f**k am I doing here, I have an exam in 3 hours! /*runs off to study */

blondie83 wrote:
    I've still 2 and a half weeks to go! :mad: Hope you have a good time tonight though - actually what the f**k am I doing here, I have an exam in 3 hours! /*runs off to study */

Good time tonight?! I'm broke remember?! The library fine and all that... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The 18th - I cannot wait.

Good time tonight?! I'm broke remember?! The library fine and all that... :o
    Sorry, forgot about that - did you have histroy this afternoon? We were over in B section sandwiched between 1st arts history and 1st arts history and Irish!

blondie83 wrote:
    Sorry, forgot about that - did you have histroy this afternoon? We were over in B section sandwiched between 1st arts history and 1st arts history and Irish!

My mate isn't too impressed that I've turned down the chance to go drinking tonight. He's doing exams in DIT right now. Ah well, that's what I get for being an idiot. I'll be sure to bring the books I borrowed the last day back to UCD tomorrow though!

Yeah, I was around that section. I think I was in B4. Very long day for me today. I've been living off fruit pastilles and strong mints during the exams. :)

• Advertisement

Get some Starburst Joosters. Best exam sweets ever. :)

Get some Starburst Joosters. Best exam sweets ever. :)

You have to eat some sweets during the exams. It seemed to me that alot of people felt awkward about eating during the exam. I'd get a few glances every time I went to eat a few sweets! Then again, I do chew loudly. :D

It takes away some of the boredom and helps you think imho... I've brought sweets into pretty much every big exam I've ever done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Finished on 27th...joy. Guess it makes for last year when we actually finished 1st along with pre-med.
    Most of my year have an exam yesterday the 12th and the next one the 26th...stinger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Finish tommorrow-yay!Cant study at all today have that exciting end of exams feeling!All i can think about is what im going to wear out tommorrow nite! Just had lunch in the restaurant and when i was going in you know the tramp(horrible word i know) that hangs around ucd well he was at the bottom of the stairs.Ive always wanted to talk to him just cos it must be really lonely for him all the time jsut walking around.So i had a little extra money today and wanted to buy him a hot dinner and ask him to sit with me cos i was by myself but i chickened out.Instead i brought him an apple juice and some bread and just gave them2 him and ran away.I feel bad know that he must think we look at him as a charity case and not a real person who we would like to talk to

While a nice gesture I think he prefers to be left alone by the students.

I've heard they give him free meals up in the resteraunt - not sure if its true, but I hope it is! :)

Yeah he gets free meals. For preventing a rape on campus I'm led to believe. Think one of the papers did a piece on him a while back.

Sangre wrote:
    Yeah he gets free meals. For preventing a rape on campus I'm led to believe. Think one of the papers did a piece on him a while back.

I heard about that. I wasn't sure if it was true or not. It's good that they are doing that for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

finished on the thursday 19th of may

HELL YEAH BABY!!!!!

Advertisement