Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christian - Make or Break?

• 09-05-2005 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

Things are starting to look good for Christian, few would argue about that.

My question is, assuming Christian gets over big time and maybe even picks up a world title, will the fans turn on him just like Orton and now it seems, Batista or will they continue to support him and accept him once he has the belt?

Will the fans turn on Christian if he becomes World Champion? 1 vote

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Despatch wrote:
    Things are starting to look good for Christian, few would argue about that.

My question is, assuming Christian gets over big time and maybe even picks up a world title, will the fans turn on him just like Orton and now it seems, Batista or will they continue to support him and accept him once he has the belt?

No they won't turn on him. For these reasons:

1) Unlike Orton and Batista he likely won't win a World championship as a face. it will be easier as a heel and he is one of the best heels around right now.

2) Unlike Orton and Batista he isn't a new kid on the scene. He has been in the WWE for years and worked his arse off being involved in one of the greatest tag teams ever, being involved in great TLC and Ladder matches, holding the IC title belt, and he is only now getting the push he deserves.

3) Christian has a great character. He has his "peeps", he's "Captain Charisma", he has good phrases "Cos that's how I roll!" etc. What did Orton have? What does Batista have now? F*ck all that's what.

Also, Christian will be on Smackdown where there is less pressure than on Raw which is the number one show. There's only one way for Christian and that's up. About time I say as I think he's great. Maybe we'll even see the Cabana get replaced every now and then with "The Peep show".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

No they won't turn on him. For these reasons:

1) Unlike Orton and Batista he likely won't win a World championship as a face. it will be easier as a heel and he is one of the best heels around right now.

2) Unlike Orton and Batista he isn't a new kid on the scene. He has been in the WWE for years and worked his arse off being involved in one of the greatest tag teams ever, being involved in great TLC and Ladder matches, holding the IC title belt, and he is only now getting the push he deserves.

3) Christian has a great character. He has his "peeps", he's "Captain Charisma", he has good phrases "Cos that's how I roll!" etc. What did Orton have? What does Batista have now? F*ck all that's what.

Also, Christian will be on Smackdown where there is less pressure than on Raw which is the number one show. There's only one way for Christian and that's up. About time I say as I think he's great. Maybe we'll even see the Cabana get replaced every now and then with "The Peep show".

I agree with you on points 2 and 3 but with regards to your first point about winning the title as a heel, how do you see him doing that when the number of people supporting him goes up every week?

How about he stays on RAW - pulls off a major upset somehow winning the title from Batista (maybe in a triple threat) and then Edge could decide that it's time to use his money in the bank contract? Edge v Christian for the World title? I like that idea :)

Despatch wrote:
    I agree with you on points 2 and 3 but with regards to your first point about winning the title as a heel, how do you see him doing that when the number of people supporting him goes up every week?

How about he stays on RAW - pulls off a major upset somehow winning the title from Batista (maybe in a triple threat) and then Edge could decide that it's time to use his money in the bank contract? Edge v Christian for the World title? I like that idea :)

Well I'm glad he's going to Smackdown cos I wanna see him at the RDS but I see what you mean. He deserves more of a chance on Raw but at least on Smackdown he'll be free of the Triple H speeches.

As for my first point, his support is growing but it is only in places with hardcore followings that this is noticeable. For example, places like Britain, maybe New York, Canada and some other places in America but by and large most American fans are casual and dull and will support who the WWE wants them to support. In other words - Batista and Cena. The reaction Christian got against Batista in Britain would not have happened in the majority of American states because their fans are just plain dull and go along with the current trend. For example, did yo see Carlito on this weeks's Smackdown? He was booed repeatedly. In Britain and Ireland he was cheered loudly. Eddie's heel turn is having the desired effect but in Britain and Ireland I'd wager we'd still cheer Eddie no matter what. Christian should do well but I don't see him doing as well as some of us might hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Not sure whether we are watching the same program, but it looks to me that the fans were loving Orton when he was Champ (and on my opinion was a great character) and they love Batista now....

Then again I agree that in America fans only go with the current trend (thing that I hate) and are much less complicated than Europeans, but I believe 90% of the WWE fans are in the US, so the US has to be the first place where the business must look at. And there body-builders type like Batista or kids like Orton are way more appreciated.

Not sure whether we are watching the same program, but it looks to me that the fans were loving Orton when he was Champ (and on my opinion was a great character) and they love Batista now....

Why did you think Orton was a great character?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I couldnt understand why People liked Orton's face character at all. He was a cocky ass***e and i thought the way he disrepected everyone and everything.

Christian as the champion, couldnt happen on Raw as he has been put out off the running for it at the moment but going to smackdown could be what Christian needs to become Champion. Couldnt see how it would work on Raw or Smackdown right now though but Christian as champion would be a strong possibility for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Stalfos wrote:
    I couldnt understand why People liked Orton's face character at all. He was a cocky ass***e and i thought the way he disrepected everyone and everything.
    QUOTE]

Aren't most of the superstars cocky ass*** ? Maybe it is just my opinion, but I like these kind of characters, HHH, JBL, etc. If this wasn't the case, then we could watch Japanese wrestling instead....
    The advantage of Orton is probably that was younger, better looking and therefore had much support from girls and kids, which count for at least half of the total...

Aren't most of the superstars cocky ass*** ? Maybe it is just my opinion, but I like these kind of characters, HHH, JBL, etc. If this wasn't the case, then we could watch Japanese wrestling instead....
    The advantage of Orton is probably that was younger, better looking and therefore had much support from girls and kids, which count for at least half of the total...

It's good to be cocky as most superstars are. Y2J for example. But I think the point Stalfos was making, and I would agree, is that Orton would show up wearing suits and looking down at people and then all of a sudden he's a face and we're supposed to cheer him? This guy bragging about wearing suits and having women, we're suddenly supposed to care? No wonder he flopped.
    Batista will go down a similar route. i've been saying it since day one and I'm being proven right week after week. I can't wait until Raw goes to Canada( I hear they'll be in Montreal soon). Oh what a night that will be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Going to smackdown is exactly what Christian needs. Cena needs a good heel to work off, and Angle is getting boring at this stage (still great though). A good feud with Cena, will elevate both christian and cena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I'm the only one who voted YES so far but it's not because I would turn on Christian myself. I hope the rest of you are right, the guy should be main eventing, he deserves to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement