Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Cards

Options
  • 09-05-2005 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

Help,

I am posting here, because the people here are the most likely people to purchase these regularily. I am broke (well relatively speaking), I need about a hundred business cards by Saturday, for reasonable money, need to network at a conference.

They need to be very basic, there used to be machines you can get them from, and available by friday night/earily saturday morning at the latest in the Dublin Area.

I need ideas and suggestions here peeps!

Thanks

Ray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

hi Ray,

Go to Reads on Nassau Street, just off Grafton Street. Go down stairs where they do the photocopying etc and they can print off business cards for ya. They have templates and you can also design them yourself.

I'd say they're open late on Fridays and 9am on Saturdays. And the price is pretty reasonable. Can't remember how much. I got them done when finishing college so I was looking for the cheapest option.

hop that helps ya!

hi Ray,

Go to Reads on Nassau Street, just off Grafton Street. Go down stairs where they do the photocopying etc and they can print off business cards for ya. They have templates and you can also design them yourself.

I'd say they're open late on Fridays and 9am on Saturdays. And the price is pretty reasonable. Can't remember how much. I got them done when finishing college so I was looking for the cheapest option.

hope that helps ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

That should do nicely thanks, anyone has any other idea's don't be afraid to share them.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

http://www.vistaprint.ca/

dead handy although it took about 2 weeks for delivery cos i went for the extra cheap delivery option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Sounds like the best solution. Most of the "quick Print" type printers charge a lot for this service.

You can buy sheets of business cards in A4 form. and print them on a colour inkjet or colour laser - but the result looks a bit home made.

• Advertisement

Dirty Bastards at Reads charged me €35 they quoted €25 over the phone and then €10 for a once off graphic design and setup charge ... be warned.

Went with

Name:
    Tel:
    Email:

and then at the bottom, in fading gray

“What I'm suggesting is, stand for yourself, be for something and the hell with it. Because the hand-wringers and the editorialists and the sigh-and-pontificate crowd will be against you, whatever you do.” -- James Carville.

just punch who I am etc, ridiculous I know, it will catch people's memory's but.

MDR wrote:
    Dirty Bastards at Reads charged me €35 they quoted €25 over the phone and then €10 for a once off graphic design and setup charge ... be warned.

Went with

Name:
    Tel:
    Email:

and then at the bottom, in fading gray

“What I'm suggesting is, stand for yourself, be for something and the hell with it. Because the hand-wringers and the editorialists and the sigh-and-pontificate crowd will be against you, whatever you do.” -- James Carville.

just punch who I am etc, ridiculous I know, it will catch people's memory's but.

Ya must of went with some fancy design coz I didn't get charged that much. But it was 2 years ago that I got it done. But it was the cheapest at the time. Sorry if they fecked ya over

where do live so I can come kill you for giving me dodgy advice :eek:

TBH its fine, more than I wanted to spend, but at least I have them now,
    and there was a guy who spent 15 minutes with me designing the thing,
    which was prolly worth the tenner to get the look I wanted.

still though €35 stung the wallet quiet a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

vistaprint.co.uk I think charged me £10 (€15 ) for 250 cards

Advertisement