Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Queer Beers - Any Interest Out There?

Options
  • 09-05-2005 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Cant help wondering, "Gay Boards Beers"!?
    See how many breeders we can drag into the george, prizes for whoever brings the most!

muhaha

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭fortysixand2

Well, it seems I've not been the only one wondering about that :p As for # of breeders, I'd likely win ;) Or give ye a good run for your money, anyways . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Tis called the Queer Beers actually. Ixoy will organise it as the only Dublin based moderator. Good lad ixoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

oh i dunno, last one i went to i got really drunk and ended up kissing a guy and turning gay ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hmm a Queer beer aye, I've no problem actually travelling to cork or some place similiar, once these exams are over. I mean the demograph might be slightly different here. Doesn't have to be in dublin, and definitely doesn't have to be the george.

*sniffle* Outside Dublin means no me, anyways - don't have the funds to travel :)

• Advertisement

There seems to be talk of a boards beers around mid june sometime. Perhaps we could all meet up somewhere before hand for a few drinks and then head to the main event so to speak?

Well, I'd definitely be up for it myself - any other takers? :)

Can a mod split this thread into a new one called "The Queer Beers" ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Rightio, thread split. So as suggested, is anyone here interested in a pre-boards beer queer beer meet thing or somesuch oddity? I'm immediately ruling out the George as a venue for it and banning anyone suggesting it :D Plenty of places to go, including the newly-relaunched Dragon, so that's not a problemo.

So for now we'll guage interest and work it from there.

I'm on for what ever is decided, per boards beer queer beer or stand alone queer beer, doesn't bother me, though I do like the idea of showing up at the boards beer on mass.

Date wise; Mid june should be grand. Exam are over. Any weekend, or friday night will probably suite.

Venue wise; Haven't been to dragon, but sure why not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭dictatorcat

LiouVille wrote:
    though I do like the idea of showing up at the boards beer on mass.

Sounds like a fantastic idea, we can practice our coreagraphy beofrehand, then send someone ahead to have "Filthy Georgeous" played on cue while we all dance in the door like some well organized glittering homosexual army :D Right, back to reality with me!

Seriously though, meeting beforehand sounds like a great idea.

ixoy wrote:
    Rightio, thread split. So as suggested, is anyone here interested in a pre-boards beer queer beer meet thing or somesuch oddity? I'm immediately ruling out the George as a venue for it and banning anyone suggesting it :D Plenty of places to go, including the newly-relaunched Dragon, so that's not a problemo.

So for now we'll guage interest and work it from there.
    ugh been there twice now, went to the opening night lotta fun (free drink and playboy bunnies ;)), but again over the weekend, staff are a bit ignorant. Won't be making it one of my locals.

:rolleyes:

What might be good after this event is for people to just meet every second week and make it less of a big event, so the shy people might not be so shy compared to attending some big hyped up thing. A kind of no-pressure "come along if you're about" type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I can attend in June.

damien.m wrote:
    :rolleyes:

What might be good after this event is for people to just meet every second week and make it less of a big event, so the shy people might not be so shy compared to attending some big hyped up thing. A kind of no-pressure "come along if you're about" type thing.
    that's why i've met so many young guys from gaydar... just being friendly heh heh heh*

*dirty old man laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I'm immediately ruling out the George as a venue for it and banning anyone suggesting it
    How about the George?

Actually, I'm only mentioning it because my knowledge of Dublin is severely limited. The only other gay club of which I am aware is Tease, and that probably doesn't run anymore, or runs very infrequently.

I can make it pretty much any time after the end of May. Incidentally I will be moving up to Dublin at that time **blatant post pimping** and it would be helpful to get to know a few of the local denizens when I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Stix

Why not just have a Boards Beers and let everyone go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

LiouVille wrote:
    There seems to be talk of a boards beers around mid june sometime. Perhaps we could all meet up somewhere before hand for a few drinks and then head to the main event so to speak?
    Well... if the beers get held in the PorterHouse, you can all meet in the Isoldoles Tower (place that does Gay Thursdays opposite the Turks Head).

=-=

As for breeders, I take it you mean us straights...

-=#OMFG, the *49907 insulted me! He called me a breeder! I'm like so insulted! I'm going to sue your ass for sexual discrimination!#=-

Sorry: couldn't resist -> only chance I'll get to say some LFB'er was "slagging" my sexuality.

I'll go, just to put name to face. Then flee to the PorterHouse.

the_syco wrote:
    Well... if the beers get held in the PorterHouse, you can all meet in the Isoldoles Tower (place that does Gay Thursdays opposite the Turks Head)
    Well the Front Lounge is very near there. GUBU's just across the Liffey and the others are all within the same vicinity, so there's plenty of choice. And come by all means - it'd be far too ironic for it to be exclusionist, even to Breeders.

I seriously doubt the boards beer will be in the porter house. Certain peopel where pushing it, because they where they would have been going htat night anyway. That said porterhouse would probably be grand for a smaller group, like us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Last time I was in the Porterhouse there were some rather yummy guys there. *daydreams*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Did this ever happen? Or is it still just being talked about? Good idea, anyway :)

Friday May 20th 8pm onwards in Dragon. There I've decided.

If anyone has objections then they automatically take ownership of the organising of this and can suggest a definite time and venue.

Whilst that time is fine with me, a number of folk have exams then I think... We'll see shortly enough..

Waiting for the perfect moment isn't ever going to happen.

damien.m wrote:
    Friday May 20th 8pm onwards in Dragon. There I've decided.

If anyone has objections then they automatically take ownership of the organising of this and can suggest a definite time and venue.

That automatically rules out me, kev, swiss, and rob, and probably afew others. How about friday june 10th 8pm onwards in Dragon.

I suggest Dragon because I've never been, but whats everyones opinion of the longstone pub near pearse street garda station. It serves pear cider for just under a fiver.

Edit, I forgot you'll probably want it to be a gay bar.

Right Joe, you're organising it now then.

I've no problem doing the donkey work tbh, just don't expect me to do anything about it untill june.

and June will become July and July August etc. Yeah whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

LiouVille wrote:
    Edit, I forgot you'll probably want it to be a gay bar.

I don't really mind as long as it acts gay in public.

Advertisement