Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Nationwide Help

Options
  • 09-05-2005 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

i was wondering if you could answer something for me. my mum and dad had a mortgage with Irish Nationwide. My dad passed away at the end of February just gone so the mortgage has just been paid off by the insurance. my mum didnt want this to happen as she wanted to still have an account with them so she was entitled to money from demutualisation from the sale of Irish Nationwide. She met the criteria for entitlement. Is there anything she can do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, mortgage protection insurance is designed to automatically pay off any mortgage first and repay any surplus to the beneficiaries, so it did exactly what it was supposed to do in this case.

I don't think there is anything your mother could do now.

Advertisement