Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commerce international

Options
  • 09-05-2005 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

just wondering if anyone here does commerce intl with italian? i was thinking of choosing it as my 2nd or 3rd choice on cao..
    is there a good balance of girls to guys in the course?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Well I don't do commerce and Italian, but I do Italian through arts, and I know one or 2 ppl who do commerce and Italian. Yea the mix is pretty good, fairly even, however in some year there are more girls then there are guys, but it's good. Also the language load in first year is in comparison to French or German is really easy, as it starts abanissimo (sp).......but in saying that it's still a foreign language and is hard-particularly if you're an absolute beginner, but if you've a good grasp of French and read over your class notes on the bus home and do ur designated class exercises you'll be grand (these are given like 1 every 2 weeks or something and take half an hour or so).

As I said I don't know about the commerce side, but the Italian side is great.It's the best thing I've done all year, I love the course. All the people I've met thru the language and society are really friendly and helpful. Plus with courses like commerce international, you get to make loads of friends-ie arts friends thru your language and commerce friends thru commerce (ie ppl who do like pure commerce, or do commerce and say spanish).

If you're only in fifth year, if you want next year if you're interested I could meet up with you and take you to a lecture or two-however otherwise (as I know ppl propositioning you on the net is scary) UCD has a kind of "shadow day" thing where you pair off with a student for a day go to their lectures and see what it's like to be a student, if you email the college I'm sure they'll give you details...ie administration or someone-should be on the ol website.

Another good thing about the course is (as far as I remember) the ol commerce and Italian pts are a bit lowerer then everything else.

Anyway, hope this helpes, pm me if you've any questions.

A

Advertisement