Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed

• 09-05-2005 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi I am currently with IOL BB PLUS but only have the phone line for Broadband so the rental is doing my head in,NTL recently moved into my area (Galway) and i want to jump ship basically for faster speed and cheaper product.The thing is does anyone have any experience with regards cancelling their contract with BT?Do I have to pay a fee or is there some way around it,e.g ' i am moving house' or ' i am leaving the country' any excuse really anybody any suggstions?thanks in advance.........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If you're within the first 12 months of your contract there is probably a cancellation fee (see the T&C's) and if you're beyond the first 12 months you just need to give them a month's notice. So in essence if you're within the 12 months you should sit it out. You do know, I presume, that BT has a deal where the line rental is discounted if you have their BB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Higs

yea i'm on that deal at the moment so you reckon i'm better off holding out damn contracts!

Advertisement