Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

832Kb connection acceptable on 2Mb line??

• 09-05-2005 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

I am with eircom - Home plus package which is supposed to be a 2Mb line since begining of April.

832Kb downstream and 256Kb upstream (showing on router)
    699Kb downstream and 203 upstream (showing on IrishIsptest.com)

Download speed @ approx 85KB/sec

I contacted eircom about this 2 weeks ago and they said they would investigate and get back to me in 2-3 days. Called them 6+ times since.

Today an eircom technition called me and said that he tested the line and that the line is perfect. No problem with the line at all. He advised me to call eircom back check with them that maybe I am still set to being on a 1Mb line or something like that.

I called eircom and advised them of all this and they asked me my connection speeds etc. Then the operator told me that that speed was perfect for the package i am on and he asked me why i was calling with a problem. So i explained everything to him. No use.
    Called back again and spoke to another operator and explained all again, she said the same thing. 832Kb connection is perfectly fine for a 2Mb line.

Am i missing something here or is that acceptable for a 2Mb line?

(Sorry for length of post)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement