Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geraldstown Woods Santry

Options
  • 09-05-2005 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just seen an apartment i may be intrested in its on santry avenue the very top beside the ballymun road round about. I have 2 concerns
    firstly it is very close to the ballymun flats and secondly was up there was told the property managment has gone bust they are appointing another one at the moment they told me they are hoping for a reasonable enough managment but im weary of buying and getting stuck with high mainetance fee has anyone got any advice on this
    cheers
    eoghan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Eoghan25 wrote:
    firstly it is very close to the ballymun flats
    So? Buy or don't buy. All the towers are going anyway.
    Eoghan25 wrote:
    and secondly was up there was told the property managment has gone bust
    More worrying, have your solicitor watch this and if necessary use your money as leverage. "No management company - no money."

Insisting on a low management can can just mean you get a lousy service that people won't want to change - double edged sword.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Ballymun is no where near as bad as it was but I can understand your concern. The new development has a lot of private property so the mix will be different. It may work out well or very baddly. I would guess at it working but I wouldn't chose to live there because of the risk but I have a more options.
    No matter who the management company is I don't think you have protection about it going up. I'd be curious why they went bust, was it because the cost of maintence was so high? Bored kids might have been smashing the windows every day for all I know.
    Even saying that Ballymun has one of the worst reputations in the country this will effect the value of your property forever. Even if the neigbourhood improves it will always hold the reputation. If the Ikea store gets built you will find traffic holding you prisoner in your home. That alone would put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Eoghan25

found out today that it is outside of the dublin city boundry im doin shared ownership so there goes that one anyway

Advertisement