Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Named driver on classic Insuranace

• 09-05-2005 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hello all.
    wanted to know if there is anyway to get classic insurance on a nice triumph spitfire. im 23 with a prov. licence. can i get my father to get insured on it and get a named driver.. dont think its possible but maybe someone knows a way to get around it. i really want this car. any help on this situation would be greatly appricated :)
    Cheers all . been researching it for about 2 weeks , cant get any answers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

Nathdog wrote:
    hello all.
    .. dont think its possible but maybe someone knows a way to get around it

I'm afraid there is no way around it. All insurers that offer this type of insurance insist of any named driver meeting the same criteria the main insurer has to meet.
    So any named driver on the policy MUST:
    - be over 25 years old
    - have a full license

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Nathdog

cheers..well it will just give me time to save up for a spotless one and im gonna buy a mini now i think have no love for new cars at all
    cheers once again :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

It might be worth ringing round all the insurers to get a standard insurance quote - the spitfire has a small-ish engine and a very low insurance grouping (in the UK), so you might be suprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭mustang68

"Normal" insurance companies won't quote you if the car is older then X years (where X in my experience is between 10 and 15 years). They'll just say..."I'm sorry, we don't have a product that is suitable for you at present."

I tried everything, ended up waiting a few years and then got what I really wanted. Best waiting a few years

Advertisement