Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

5th Gen Civic, start and idle problems

Options
  • 09-05-2005 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hello there!

I've been having intermittent start problems with my civic for a while now and was wondering what to do. Since I got it its always had this problem, now more prevalent than before. My distributer packed it in a few months ago and it seemed fine after I got it replaced (2nd hand), but now its back with a vengance. I found this link that seems to point elsewhere as it described the fault perfectly. Getting petrol is a complete bastard these days :)

http://www.markl.f9.co.uk/howto/electrical/main-relay/main-relay.htm

However along with this intermittent starting issue, its also starting to 'chug' a little when idling. It feels like its about to cut but doesn't. I keep the revs a little higher and its fine. Petrol pump needs replacing ?

Also, my car is positively sounding like a disel these days! Whats the craic with that?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

1)pump relay gives only problems when engine is warm and it could be very quickly repaired .
    2)forget about new pump

maybe car needs service and good look over the HT leads, dist cup etc. Make sure you have oil :D as engine will get noisy

also it is possible to get reading from car's ECU just incase some other sensor gives you problems. Second hand distributors don’t last very long, specially if equipped with the same igniter module. Even if you change the module you still have to replace distributor bearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

so, did you have look at relay?

Advertisement