Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Miffed Trekkie

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Fenster wrote:
    Slighty OT, but I wonder what this person would make of the new BSG. Ronald D. Moore is the executive producer, as in DS9. Its a very depressing show that deals directly with uncomfortable topics. has an extended cast and features quite basic technology, compared to the plasticy Enterprise-D look. Oh, and its quite popular right now.

In fairness BSG is no where near as popular as TNG and never will be it will do well to beat stargate sg1/atlantis on a weekly base's. I do agree with vector i could never take to voyager Jainway just isnt someone you could have any respect in and archer was pritty much the same for the first 2 seasion's however its not something you could level at sisko imho for god sake the man lead the war effort!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Must.... Kill.... Rick... Berman...

Good god when I first heard of the prequal movie idea it was a big 'Oi.... Berman... NOOOOOOO!!!!! Hoola Hoops are 'round....' Ohhh well wait no maybe not that last bit but you know what I mean. I too wanna see a series set after Nemesis and I really wanna find out what happened to Voyager after it got home, I mean in the finalé it was just like 'Ohhh look we're home' *fly towards Earth.... credits*

Right... now... where did I leave my phaser? Anyone know where Mr. Berman lives?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Well I think the prequel sounds very good if you read the link I posted a little while back (first page). That was an interview with the person who has been hired to write it.

Oh and now that I remember it... They considered a prequel before....and it was going to be about Starfleet Academy. They made The Undiscovered Country instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

bizmark wrote:
    In fairness BSG is no where near as popular as TNG and never will be it will do well to beat stargate sg1/atlantis on a weekly base's. I do agree with vector i could never take to voyager Jainway just isnt someone you could have any respect in and archer was pritty much the same for the first 2 seasion's however its not something you could level at sisko imho for god sake the man lead the war effort!.

As I understand, it IS beating SG1/A, in the US anyhow.

Did you also know that the part of Janeway was originally offered to Edward James Olmos, who now plays Commander Adama. Can you picture him as Janeway?

"Sir, we're receiving a distress call!"

"Frakk them, load torpedos."

:p

But yeah, I agree with you on Voyager and Janeway in general. It was way too "happy happy", considering its original premise.

Fenster wrote:

Did you also know that the part of Janeway was originally offered to Edward James Olmos, who now plays Commander Adama. Can you picture him as Janeway?

"Sir, we're receiving a distress call!"

"Frakk them, load torpedos."

:p

But yeah, I agree with you on Voyager and Janeway in general. It was way too "happy happy", considering its original premise.

You bsg fanboys :p

Voyager could of been a great opportunity to show how real humans even if they are starfleet officers trying to survive a hostile environment with no one to enforce the rules and a rather powerful ship at their command would really act, but no it turned into the same old same old happy federation show where every one loves every one else and no one would dear attack a less powerful ship colony or station to get what you need!...Humans just aren’t like that and never will be.

Edward James Olmos would make a class starfleet captian btw i really really liked him in the bsg new movie but him and the ship are about the only thing i did like about it so i didnt bother watching the tv show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

"bsg" = ?

Battlestar Galactica

bizmark wrote:
    Battlestar Galactic

+a ;)

He'd have made a very interesting captain. I doubt he'll ever be able to do it now after doing BSG but it would've been very cool. He's really fantastic in BSG.

halenger wrote:
    +a ;)

;) fixed

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Fenster wrote:
    Not every week. Even when BSG did beat SGA/SG1, it wasn't by a huge amount.

Anyhoo, I think the Trek franchise is incredibly stagnant. The most interesting one for me was, by a long way, DS9 - nice long story arcs, interesting charactes - thank you Mr. Moore!

I really hope they go nowhere near more prequels - I dislike the idea of knowing what'll happen because it limits creative opportunities, unless you want to piss all over the work others have done and alienate your fans.

If I were in charge, I'd push it into the future - at least fifty years, when the area was grey. If I really wanted to push the edge, I'd knock it forward to the era when the Federation is time-travelling and make it a sort of "Doctor Who" meets "Star Trek" show. Would be nice and different and allow for interesting storylines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

If I were in charge, I'd push it into the future - at least fifty years, when the area was grey. If I really wanted to push the edge, I'd knock it forward to the era when the Federation is time-travelling and make it a sort of "Doctor Who" meets "Star Trek" show. Would be nice and different and allow for interesting storylines.

Yay and there could be a Temporal Cold War!! :D (Joking :p)

Not a bad idea, those future people also hate Janeway so they'd be on the same wavelength as the audience :)

Oh Q, what made you fall for her, you used to be cool, not to mention camper than Boy George :p

Not sure about time travel again tbh it was done to death for the past few years and most fan's didnt like it...If it was up to me id push the show forward 100 or so year's giving the feds romulans etc transwarp and have them explore new galaxies with whole new major races to compete with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

sry biz i have to disagre they could do 1 or 2 more shows based in alph/beta quads 1 show about 5-10 years after dominion war and another show based on a romulan or klingon ship

then do a season another 50 yers where as u sayu new speeds allows exploratin of the entire galaxy all 4 quadrents they could meet up with races from voyager then like the voth and the sward would have some reley interesting stores mabe in line 25 years from now when they run it completly dry then expand to new galaxys but there is plently left to do before they go that far a head

mabe a series based in the mirror univerce

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Achilles wrote:
    Must.... Kill.... Rick... Berman...

Good god when I first heard of the prequal movie idea it was a big 'Oi.... Berman... NOOOOOOO!!!!! Hoola Hoops are 'round....' Ohhh well wait no maybe not that last bit but you know what I mean. I too wanna see a series set after Nemesis and I really wanna find out what happened to Voyager after it got home, I mean in the finalé it was just like 'Ohhh look we're home' *fly towards Earth.... credits*

Right... now... where did I leave my phaser? Anyone know where Mr. Berman lives?

Your ideas interest me.

*grabs a klingon batleth and follows achilles*

*grabs a klingon batleth and follows achilles*

Really wish I'd bought one of those before Paramount went awol on them. :( Stupid stupidness.

I guess they could always try a more rag tag crew of sorts. Not a Klingon ship, not Starfleet, not anyone in particular. Just more a bunch of people from different races and different beliefs and so forth. I think I'm thinking Farscapesque, I'm not quite sure though - my mind was never one to really explain its ideas well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm sure you can find replica bat'leths in sword shops etc in the USA, infact on his last trip to florida when buying a replica LOTR sword from some shop in florida, mate of mine said they had a bat'leth there too.... fully sharpened too.... Scarey eh?

Anyways I DO have my phaser here somewhere and now I have an army of what, 3? ****e anyone see my portable transporter about?

You didn't borrow my TR-116 did you? :)

I remember Blades-UK doing them before Paramount made them remove them. Renamed them "alien sword" until stock cleared. ;) They were dirt cheap too. Only £20/30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Clean slate - use time travel to wipe out the entire history of the Star Trek universe and start again. Result :)

Advertisement