Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The new civic

Options
  • 10-05-2005 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Has anyone else had a glance at the new 2006 Civic Si (or type-r as we like to call it im told). I for one think it looks extremely well opinions anyone linky:: http://www.hondapreview.com/civic/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

wow.....that looks sweet. Real space-age looking. Hah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

WOW that thing looks hot, I couldn't image how much it would cost. ( If it says it in the link, im too lazy to read it ).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I dont know about that, it has something but im not sure what.

Looks better than the pic of a civic i seen in a car mag the other day thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Out in 2006 and dressed-up by 2016 or so, when they all have 'go-faster' strips and large exausts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

not mad about it, would like to see CRX replacement instead

i am sure first model to arrive in Europe will be this civic
    Honda-Civic-002.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

It's cool enough but... I don't know, I just can't warm to a lot of these new car designs. They just lack character for some reason..very round looking.

It seems most car models were at their coolest from 98 to 01, after that the just lost the plot a bit. I mean, what the heck were Honda thinking with the post-EK Civic hatch?? Although their saloon was still pretty cool.

I prefer my EK Civic (98) to any of these new models :D

Dagon wrote:
    .........., what the heck were Honda thinking with the post-EK Civic hatch?? ............

they made corrolla clone

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Why the heck would they need to, when their own older model was much cooler than Corolla?

to grow sales. Corolla was out selling the CIVIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I think the front is nice but the side profile is a mess. The roofline is too swoopy, it looks like a cartoon car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

Dagon wrote:
    I prefer my EK Civic (98) to any of these new models :D

I totally agree!!! They went a bit mad after that. Looks at the improvement from the EG to Ek Civic, but after that.... and the newer civics again?!? :eek:

But in 2006... We have the coupe to look forward,
    civicsi.jpg

and eh, the new honda..
    HSC01InL556.jpg
    HSC01InL.jpg
    HSC01InL559.jpg
    HSC01InL557.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Its nicer than the other preview imo, much nicer. Its nice to see something bold and different in the new car market. The rest seem to be following the leader

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

No guarantee that the coupe will be sold here or UK.

Poor sales of the Civic coupe over the years in Ireland and UK made Honda not bother to invest in engineering a RHD version. Like the Accord coupe they are both designed and built in the US rather than Japan.

Advertisement