Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE "Survivor Series" Tour to hit Ireland in Nov

• 10-05-2005 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Look lads this is 110% true and offical venues have been booked etc im never wrong about these things as iv got insider information but anyway

[B]WWE RAW PRESENTS

"Survivor Series" Tour

Nov 16th , Kings Hall , Belfast , Northern Ireland

Nov 17th , Point Depot , Dublin , Ireland

Nov 18th , Point Depot , Dublin , Ireland (more than likely 2nd date will be added)[/B]

Again this true and WWE will be taping RAW and SmackDown in Sheffield Nov 21st and 22nd and in Febuary another European Tour will happen concentrating on countries like Austria,Finland,Belgium,Holland and Denmark with TV Taping s in May 2006 in Manchester

The RAW Survivor Series Tour will be announced around the June RDS Show with tickets going on sale a
    round Aug/Sep

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I heard about this alright (think it was on the IWW board). Looks good, but juts wait for the moaners to roll out again saying "its overkill", "The WWE are exploiting us Irish fans" etc ad nauseum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Well since I have no insider information, I checked with WWE.com and looks like your info is wrong :)

Tues Nov 15 WWE RAW Live Event - Leipzig, Germany
    Wed Nov 16 WWE RAW Live Event - Hamburg, Germany
    http://www.wwe.com/schedules/events/index_worldwide.jsp?country=index_worldwide

What say you now? Those are the only dates announced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭NCIRL

Iv nothing to say only that i prob got the dates wrong but WWE RAW are doing shows here in the North and down here in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I think its great that the WWE are listening to fans and putting on a decent number of live events in the countries that really watch and support their product. People will moan and say were being over exposed to the product but we asked for more shows so to all those would be complainers, in the words of Y2J "Shut the Hell Up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

i was going to moan about flooding the market but after reading the last post your right lets be happy were getting such a good showing by wwe, but dont firget to support irish wrestling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

One thing, why aret hey using Kings Hall in Belfast?? Surely the Odyssey would make more sense!?! :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a-hole wrote:
    i was going to moan about flooding the market but after reading the last post your right lets be happy were getting such a good showing by wwe, but dont firget to support irish wrestling

Its fantastic the way that wrestling has exploded all over the country over the past year and a half, im delighted to see that wwe have finally recognised Ireland as one of their premier countries to tour with the Raw & Smackdown brands that have a PPV style about them, but thats just the half of it.

We are now also spoilt for choice with the Irish Scene itself with IWW putting on regular shows, nowhere else in the world will you get to see on a regular basis the likes of Red Vinny, Irish Dragon, Dave Zero, Bam, Mad Man Manson, SOS, George McFly etc except here in Ireland. To put icing on this very sweet cake, IWW also bring over the top talent from TNA and ROH/indies such as Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, Raven, CJ Summers, D'lo Brown and many more.

But wait theres more!!!! In Bray we have NWA Ireland who over the past year also put on some good shows with good local talent and stars from the UK. I havent been to an NWA show yet but hope to soon.. The fact that nearly every month I have the privilige to attend a wrestling show from either WWE, IWW (incl TNA, ROH, CZW + other indystars) and NWA is fantastic to us the wrestling fans and we should be very proud of how wrestling has grown here.

Gonzo wrote:
    But wait theres more!!!! In Bray we have NWA Ireland who have started to put on some good shows with good local talent and stars from the UK. I havent been to an NWA show yet but hope to soon.. The fact that nearly every month I have the privilige to attend a wrestling show from either WWE, IWW or NWA is fantastic to us the wrestling fans and we should be very proud of how wrestling has grown here.

Just to correct you slightly but NWA Ireland have been putting on good shows for under a year now, its not a "recent" thing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Just to correct you slightly but NWA Ireland have been putting on good shows for under a year now, its not a "recent" thing

thanks for pointing that out, I edited my post to reflect that now. I hope to make it to the next NWA show especially if they host it nearer to the centre of town.

I would recommend keeping an eye on www.nwaireland.com - they seem to update the news section a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ph3n0m wrote:

I went to the last NWA show that was held in Cabra and I was not impressed. The whole thing was directed at kids and most of the people there were kids. There were a few talented wrestlers but most were sloppy and the wrestlers involved didn't tell a story in the ring. I doubt I would go to another show to be honest.

well come on, name and shame - people do it for IWW wrestlers, so why not NWA

Who was sloppy? You cannot make such a flipant remark like that and not be precise. What are you basing this on - professional opinion or someone else's?

And why did you feel it was aimed at kids (isnt that what wrestling is aimed at?)

Ph3n0m wrote:
    well come on, name and shame - people do it for IWW wrestlers, so why not NWA

Who was sloppy? You cannot make such a flipant remark like that and not be precise. What are you basing this on - professional opinion or someone else's?

I base my sloppy remark on being a wrestling fan and I have to say that myself and my friends would cringe at times during that match. People were performing moves so badly that a person could've been seriously injured. Numerous times my friend, who is a way bigger wrestling fan than myself, would say "Oh that did not look good". I remember seeing a piledriver done that was so sloppy it could've broken the other guy's neck. Name and shame? I'd love to remember their names to be honest. Most were bad except for a few exceptions. A girl, a guy who we were told was her brother, some chap who wore blue trunks and the champion was OK but not as good as I hoped.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    And why did you feel it was aimed at kids (isnt that what wrestling is aimed at?)

No I don't think wrestling is aimed at kids. I accept there should be some matches directed at kids. For example, the opening match featuring the regulators I think(?) was clearly directed at kids but so too was the whole event! It was like a pantomime show at times! If Irish wrestling is to earn respect from Irish people it must be direted at adult audiences as the WWE is. It requires word of mouth too. I'm hardly going to recommend other wrestling fans to go watch a show that is directed at children am I? If it was directed at adults, as I'm told IwW is, then I would. Before the event started the ring announcer told us there was to be no swearing. What's up with that?

The quality of the matches was very poor. There was no fluidity at all. At least have the face start off well, then let the heel carry most of the match, and finish it with the face coming on top or the heel taking the win by cheating. Instead I saw matches that went on far too long with neither wrestler taking the upper hand and there was no pace to the match. For example, start off fast, then slow it down with some holds before taking up the pace once again. This did not happen and the wrestlers went outside way too often. One match saw the wrestler go outside five times! How can there be fluidity with this carry on? Very disappointing stuff.

Ouch, if you are going to judge them by the only event you have seen, then you really dont have a clue.

I have been to most of IWW's and NWA cards, I make it my business to be there - and each organisation have put on some expcetional matches and both are equally guilty of putting on some matches that made me cringe. To write off one organisation over a single card is downright shocking.

You mean to tell me if you went to IWW and they put on a bad card, you would refuse to recommend them or go and see them again?

You have to remember these guys are not WWE, they would still be considered indie wrestlers and as such they are still learning and growing. You cant expect perfection all the time, even the Benoit's of this world make mistakes.

I urge, not just you, but everyone else, whomever you have gone to see, be it IWW or NWA, if they have not impressed you, dont give up on them - they are the future of wrestling in Ireland and with "fans" like Mr Nice Guy, they will need all the help they can get.

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Ouch, if you are going to judge them by the only event you have seen, then you really dont have a clue.

I think that's over the line. I am a wrestling fan. As a wrestling fan, I am entitled to my views. If I pay my money to watch a show that I feel is below-par I have a right to complain about it. To say I "don't have a clue" is very disrespectful to me. Why can't I judge them on one event? If I go to a restaurant and I am unhappy with the meal, should I go back? In the words of Shelton Benjamin on Byte This this week, "you're only as good as your last match".

Ph3n0m wrote:
    You mean to tell me if you went to IWW and they put on a bad card, you would refuse to recommend them or go and see them again?

It was not just the matches I had a problem with. It was the presentation and the target audience as well as the lack of direction.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    You have to remember these guys are not WWE, they would still be considered indie wrestlers and as such they are still learning and growing. You cant expect perfection all the time, even the Benoit's of this world make mistakes.

I accept that. But you must accept if you want to get fans turning to Irish wrestling you must give them something to talk about. Mistakes can be forgiven but there was no story to these matches. I want wrestlers to tell a story in the ring.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    I urge, not just you, but everyone else, whomever you have gone to see, be it IWW or NWA, if they have not impressed you, dont give up on them - they are the future of wrestling in Ireland and with "fans" like Mr Nice Guy, they will need all the help they can get.

Once again you direct an insult at me. Yes I am a "fan" and God help Irish wrestling if they are to get their knickers in a twist over some constructive criticism. :rolleyes:

I think that's over the line. I am a wrestling fan. As a wrestling fan, I am entitled to my views. If I pay my money to watch a show that I feel is below-par I have a right to complain about it. To say I "don't have a clue" is very disrespectful to me. Why can't I judge them on one event? If I go to a restaurant and I am unhappy with the meal, should I go back? In the words of Shelton Benjamin on Byte This this week, "you're only as good as your last match".

sorry but I missed Byte This :) The difference is that a restaurant you expect to be provided food that you can eat - wrestling is a completely different ball game. And as a wrestling fan you dont have a clue, the only people who do have a clue are the wrestlers themselves. Most wrestling fans are ill-informed and completely ignorant of the inner workings of a match, etc.
    It was not just the matches I had a problem with. It was the presentation and the target audience as well as the lack of direction.

and yet you never answered my question directly about the IWW
    I accept that. But you must accept if you want to get fans turning to Irish wrestling you must give them something to talk about. Mistakes can be forgiven but there was no story to these matches. I want wrestlers to tell a story in the ring.

what you want, what everyone else wants and what the wrestlers themselves want to do - will always be different. Remeber you cant please all the people all the time
    Once again you direct an insult at me. Yes I am a "fan" and God help Irish wrestling if they are to get their knickers in a twist over some constructive criticism.

And I insulted you how, by quoting the word fan? would it make you feel better if I called myself a "fan" aswell? Or what about Shelton Benjamin a "wrestler" - arent we being a tad sensitive? And your criticim isnt constructive, its based on what you want, not whats good for wrestling business.

Remember IWW approach the business one way and NWA approach it another - both companies are different, and yet strive to do the same thing - put Irish wrestling on the map

Ph3n0m wrote:
    sorry but I missed Byte This :) The difference is that a restaurant you expect to be provided food that you can eat - wrestling is a completely different ball game. And as a wrestling fan you dont have a clue, the only people who do have a clue are the wrestlers themselves. Most wrestling fans are ill-informed and completely ignorant of the inner workings of a match, etc.

No wrestling isn't a different ball game. If I pay money to watch wrestling, or I pay money to go to a restaurant, I still want value for money. The only people who know about wrestling are the wrestlers? Nonsense. I haven't played for Manchester United football club but I don't need to be a footballer to see that some of their players aren't worthy of playing for the club. Fortune, Bellion etc. I look on myself as a wrestling fan and think I know what it takes to put on a good match. I don't think the majority of NWA wrestlers on the show I went to did.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    and yet you never answered my question directly about the IWW

My restaurant analogy covered that. I don't think you appreciate just how bad the NWA show I went to was. If IwW put on a card that bad of course i wouldn't go again. It would be wasting my money.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    what you want, what everyone else wants and what the wrestlers themselves want to do - will always be different. Remeber you cant please all the people all the time

And who are NWA trying to please? Kids? What I ask for from a wrestling event isn't much. Good matches which tell a story, an adult target audience, and good presentation.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    And I insulted you how, by quoting the word fan? would it make you feel better if I called myself a "fan" aswell? Or what about Shelton Benjamin a "wrestler" - arent we being a tad sensitive?

Why put the word "fan" in quotation marks? You were insulting me. Plain and simple. Your exact words were 'with "fans" like Mr. Nice Guy, they will need all the help they can get'. Are you telling me you weren't insulting me with this comment? Come on.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    And your criticim isnt constructive, its based on what you want, not whats good for wrestling business.

It's based on what me and my three other friends wanted from the show. We are wrestling fans. Surely what we want is good for the wrestling business? Frequently the WWE is criticsed for ignoring the fans but I don't think Irish wrestling has that luxury. It must listen to the fans or die on its feet.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    Remember IWW approach the business one way and NWA approach it another - both companies are different, and yet strive to do the same thing - put Irish wrestling on the map

I support efforts to put Irish wrestling on the map. Why do you think I paid to see the event? I don't think NWA's approach will put Irish wrestling on the map. I am entitled to that view and I'm disappointed that you chose to denigrate me for expressing my criticisms.

I would like you to tell me if you disagree with what I have said regarding wrestlers putting on a story in the ring? I see you chose to ignore these points I made in my 15:40pm post and instead told me I "didn't have a clue" and that I shouldn't judge them on one card. But do you accept the points I made in my 15:40pm post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

In fairness to your man that would n't go again, it sounds a little harsh. But its a bit like going to a new restraunt. If you ldid n't like the meal, chances are you wont go again and waste your money a second time. First impressions are last impressions and all that. (lol i cant beleive u beat me to it using the restraunt ananlogy !)

Well first of all you lost me on the football analagy, since I dont follow that
    I look on myself as a wrestling fan and think I know what it takes to put on a good match. I don't think the majority of NWA wrestlers on the show I went to did.

Aye you only think you know what it takes to put on a good match.
    And who are NWA trying to please? Kids? What I ask for from a wrestling event isn't much. Good matches which tell a story, an adult target audience, and good presentation.
    comparisson time - and wwe house shows always tell a story? I dont think so - look at any of the recent WWE shows in Ireland - most of the matches, were just matches for the sake of matches
    Why put the word "fan" in quotation marks? You were insulting me. Plain and simple. Your exact words were 'with "fans" like Mr. Nice Guy, they will need all the help they can get'. Are you telling me you weren't insulting me with this comment? Come on.
    ok i admit I wanted to get a rise out of you, and I did, so yay me :)
    It's based on what me and my three other friends wanted from the show. We are wrestling fans. Surely what we want is good for the wrestling business? Frequently the WWE is criticsed for ignoring the fans but I don't think Irish wrestling has that luxury. It must listen to the fans or die on its feet.
    Not ncessarily, what you want to see isnt always the same as what the "boss" wants (oh darn those lousy " marks :) ) And so far WWE is surviving

As for your previous points, sorry I didnt realise I was being asked to respond to them, since they werent in the form of a question

Anways.....I presume you mean this point?
    The quality of the matches was very poor. There was no fluidity at all. At least have the face start off well, then let the heel carry most of the match, and finish it with the face coming on top or the heel taking the win by cheating. Instead I saw matches that went on far too long with neither wrestler taking the upper hand and there was no pace to the match. For example, start off fast, then slow it down with some holds before taking up the pace once again. This did not happen and the wrestlers went outside way too often. One match saw the wrestler go outside five times! How can there be fluidity with this carry on? Very disappointing stuff.

So what? Not all matches take place inside the ring. Not all matches tell a story. And sometimes, just sometimes the match is just about to two guys/gals going at it tooth and nails to see who the better person is.

Define too long - most fans complain about matches being too short.

And why do you want the stale old formular of face - heel - face wins/heel wins by cheating - cant heels not win just cause they are better? Why should the heel always carry the match? There are so many flaws to what you want, that I refuse to pick holes in them.

If you felt I insulted you, then tough - you said you were entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine

This conversation is going in circles and I cant be having with that - I do have to work at some stage

To be fair MNG, basing your entire opinion on one event is quite short sighted.

To use another football anology, how many times have you watched a crap match on Sky? Has it stopped you watching wither team play again. Likewise, are you an eircom League fan? I have seen Cork City play some of the worst football at times, yet i rarely miss a home game.

To use your restaurant anaolgy, I dont know. Perhaps the restaurant didnt cook your meal quite enough. Remember, one guys wine is anothers poison.

As for the whole argument, I would love if IWW/NWA did a show down here. Im only hearing good things about both (apart from MNGs poor review of NWAs last show.).

• Advertisement

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Aye you only think you know what it takes to put on a good match.

The football analogy was designed to show that you don't have to be involved directly in something to know about it. To think that shows a lack of respect for the fans and the intelligence of the fans.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    comparisson time - and wwe house shows always tell a story? I dont think so - look at any of the recent WWE shows in Ireland - most of the matches, were just matches for the sake of matches

You seem confused about what I meant when I said tell a story. I'm not referring to a storyline. I'm referring to two guys engaging the fans though their wrestling ability. This was not on display at the NWA show sadly.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    ok i admit I wanted to get a rise out of you, and I did, so yay me :)

I find it disappointing you are trying to get a rise out of me when I am only offering my opinions.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    Not ncessarily, what you want to see isnt always the same as what the "boss" wants (oh darn those lousy " marks :) ) And so far WWE is surviving

Yes WWE is surviving. If you'd read my last post though you'd see I wrote that WWE has that luxury, Irish wrestling does not. Irish wrestling needs support and if they treat the fans to poor matches directed at kids then they won't get any.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    So what? Not all matches take place inside the ring. Not all matches tell a story. And sometimes, just sometimes the match is just about to two guys/gals going at it tooth and nails to see who the better person is.

Again I think you misunderstand what I meant when I said tell a story. A match should get the fans engaged.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    Define too long - most fans complain about matches being too short.

Some matches went on for twenty minutes which wouldn't be too bad for a WWE match but WWE wrestlers can tell a story in the ring.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    And why do you want the stale old formular of face - heel - face wins/heel wins by cheating - cant heels not win just cause they are better? Why should the heel always carry the match? There are so many flaws to what you want, that I refuse to pick holes in them.

I doubt you will pick holes because what I have described is standard fare for wrestlers. If Chris Benoit gets in the ring with a heel wrestler he will likely start off well and then the heel will take control. This is to get the fans engaged and get them cheering for Benoit. Usually a sleeper hold is applied and the face (ie Benoit) will get out of it and gather momentum until he either wins the match or loses through his opponent cheating. This is the way most wrestling matches should work. At NWA, the face does moves then the heel, then the face, then the heel etc. And this goes on all the way through the match until one of the wrestlers wins. In other words, NWA wrestlers don't tell a story in the ring.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    If you felt I insulted you, then tough - you said you were entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. It's just a shame you have to resort to insults when making a point. It's the sign of someone who is poor at making an argument and it reflects badly on you. Perhaps you should address the points I'm making instead of attemtpting to get a "rise" out of me. :)

gimmick wrote:
    To be fair MNG, basing your entire opinion on one event is quite short sighted.

With respect gimmick I attended the show and I must say that you, as a fan, would've been appalled at some of the stuff. I cringed on numerous occassions at the wrecklessness of some of the wrestlers. It was a poor, poor show.
    gimmick wrote:
    To use another football anology, how many times have you watched a crap match on Sky? Has it stopped you watching wither team play again. Likewise, are you an eircom League fan? I have seen Cork City play some of the worst football at times, yet i rarely miss a home game.

Watching on TV and going to an event that lasts hours though are two different things. I can use my remote when I'm at home. As for the Eircom League, I wager Cork are your local side so it's a different situation. I'm a Bohs man and will suport them even if they play badly but that is due to local pride as well as adesire for results. Wrestling is about entertainment, whereas watching Bohs for me is just about Bohs getting a result primarily.
    gimmick wrote:
    To use your restaurant anaolgy, I dont know. Perhaps the restaurant didnt cook your meal quite enough. Remember, one guys wine is anothers poison.

gimmick, the restaurant's food was below average, the service was not as good as it should have been and I felt unwell after the meal. Should I go back to the restaurant?
    gimmick wrote:
    As for the whole argument, I would love if IWW/NWA did a show down here. Im only hearing good things about both (apart from MNGs poor review of NWAs last show.).

I hope to go to an IwW show myself. NWA? I don't think so.

I was going to reply, but to be honest, I couldnt be arsed. Everything I say, I am sure MNG will have some kind of respone

Ph3n0m wrote:
    MNG, sorry to say but your limited vision of what a wrestling match should be is really quite sad. Example Super Cup J - no engaging storylines, just matches between wrestlers. That one NWA card only proved on that night in question that NWA wasnt your cup of tea - its a shame you wont give them another chance.

You say my vision of a wrestling match is limited and yet you don't offer reasons why that is.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    First off, my "insults" were nothing but harmless banter between two wrestling fans - it is not my fault if you are over sensitive about what people say to you on the internet :)

I have no problem with a bit of banter. I took exception to you taking my opinion and arrogantly telling me that I "didn't have a clue" and suggesting that because I disliked the show I don't support Irish wrestling.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    So apart from you and your 3 friends, I presume everyone else hated the show?

I would imagine so but then again for most of them they were probably just happy to be allowed stay up so late.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    The more this goes on, the more you remind me of someone from IWW who went to a NWA show out in Bray last year - I dont know his name, but I overheard what he said. He was asked by another IWW trainee what he thought of the show - his words still chill me - "it was ****e". It took the other IWW person to turn around and say it wasnt ****e, it was fairly good.

I can't speak for other people. I can only offer up my views as a wrestling fan. I am entitled to those views and would appreciate it if I wasn't dismissed outright as I was by you.

I don't think you have insulted me at every oportunity but it is clear from these posts you have the viewpoint that I am not worthy of judging the quality of this event because I have not been involved directly in the wrestling business.

ok this is my last post on this subject - simply because I am getting bored of it
    You say my vision of a wrestling match is limited and yet you don't offer reasons why that is.

apologies, I knew there was something else I was meant to include - not all matches adhere to the formula you are so fond of using. Not talking about an engaging match, I am simply talking about the tired old formula you yourself used as a point, which I believe was the following:
    At least have the face start off well, then let the heel carry most of the match, and finish it with the face coming on top or the heel taking the win by cheating

There no arrogance at all, in fact how could I display arrogance in words alone? Surely arrogance has to do with tone and general demeanour - and I never once suggested, implied or otherwise said you dont support Irish wrestling - I defy you to find anywhere that I said that!

If you are refering to the "god help irish wrestling" - that was meant to reference your attitude towards NWA and the one time you have seen them

You see MNG, you are taking a lot of what I said out of context and completely mis-interpretting it all.
    I don't think you have insulted me at every oportunity but it is clear from these posts you have the viewpoint that I am not worthy of judging the quality of this event because I have not been involved directly in the wrestling business.

My viewpoint is that you have one opinion and I have a conflicting opinion. I am of the opinion that while fans might be clued in, etc, they still do not know all there is to know about wrestling and its intricities - therefore that while they may have a right to an opinion and have ideas, they're aren't always the right ones for wrestling as a business.

This ends my part of the discussion, partly because I get bored easily and tbh, I am going to gym.

To all, I hope you enjoyed reading this. and MNG - I will apologise if you felt insulted - sorry :)

OK, I grow tired of this discussion myself so I will just follow up on your points.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    There no arrogance at all, in fact how could I display arrogance in words alone? Surely arrogance has to do with tone and general demeanour - and I never once suggested, implied or otherwise said you dont support Irish wrestling - I defy you to find anywhere that I said that!

If you are refering to the "god help irish wrestling" - that was meant to reference your attitude towards NWA and the one time you have seen them

I felt there was arrogance in you suggesting that I "didn't have a clue" and felt you said I don't support Irish wrestling by saying that
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    with "fans" like Mr Nice Guy, they will need all the help they can get.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    My viewpoint is that you have one opinion and I have a conflicting opinion. I am of the opinion that while fans might be clued in, etc, they still do not know all there is to know about wrestling and its intricities - therefore that while they may have a right to an opinion and have ideas, they're aren't always the right ones for wrestling as a business.

I admit I don't know everything about the wrestling business but to paraphrase that famous saying, I may not know wrestling, but I know what I like. I would like to see NWA do very well and I hope they do but I was not impressed with their recent effort.
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    This ends my part of the discussion, partly because I get bored easily and tbh, I am going to gym.

To all, I hope you enjoyed reading this. and MNG - I will apologise if you felt insulted - sorry :)

OK I apologise if I overreacted. :) You seem to be very clued into the wrestling world. I respect that. I just wanted more from the last show I was at. Anyway, I respect you for being civil in your last post and I hope I have done likewise with this one. ;)

Originally Posted by gimmick
    First off, my "insults" were nothing but harmless banter between two wrestling fans - it is not my fault if you are over sensitive about what people say to you on the internet

I never said any of that? :confused:

gimmick wrote:
    I never said any of that? :confused:

Duly edited my friend! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Its amazing 2 years ago people were complaining about NO WWE shows now they are complaining about overkill you cnat satisfy everyone for some reason!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Lordz

Overkill? The more shows the better.

Advertisement