Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Upgrade pack for Meteor customer

Options
  • 10-05-2005 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭

I recently got a gift of an O2 Upgrade Speakeasy phone. The trouble is I ported to Meteor a few months ago, and while I retain an 086 number, I am not with O2 (the person who bought me the upgrade pack naturally assumed I was with O2).

What are my options here?

Will O2 let me port, then immediately 'upgrade'?
    I hate O2, and love Meteor. What is the least amount of money / time am I going to have to spend with O2 before I can move back to Meteor, with my new phone unlocked?

I hope this hasn't been asked before - it is an unusual situation, but one one which is more likely to crop up now we can port numbers. Advice appreceiated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

what kind of phone is it? You can probably just get it unlocked privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

or you might be able to chance going into o2 and seeing if they will give you a refund if it is still boxed etc. Not a clue if they will give it to you though. Then buy the same phone from meteor and the odds are whoever gave you the gift will never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

o2 are a great network. have one o2 phone and number on peak-early bird, and the other fone on meteor off peak. now laugh when all u pay is a max of 15 cent at all times to landlines, 19 to other networks. and 5cent calls to meteor phones with the meteor handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Genghis

Was thinking of doing that alright Akula, but when I checked there was a significant difference (€50+) between the cost of upgrading the same phone on Meteor and on O2.

Besides, while the phone is still boxed and everything bar the handset is shrink-wrapped, the person who gave it to me is one of these people who must rip off the plastic protective sheet they stick to the screen - consequently it looks a little 'used'. I wouldn't like to try exchange it, especially as the receipt is also lost. As well as that the cardboard box is slightly damaged.

It is a Motorola v535 by the way.

lomb wrote:
    o2 are a great network. have one o2 phone and number on peak-early bird, and the other fone on meteor off peak. now laugh when all u pay is a max of 15 cent at all times to landlines, 19 to other networks. and 5cent calls to meteor phones with the meteor handset.

Good idea Lomb ... but 2 phones? I did that once for a while and it drove me mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Genghis wrote:
    Good idea Lomb ... but 2 phones? I did that once for a while and it drove me mad.

its far cheaper than bill pay doing it that way and that says something. mayb u did it with large phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Maybe getting the V535 unlocked?It will cost you 10-20euro and your probaly going to pay that to port back to 02(Well i had to pay 20 to port to meteor)Id say its the better option and easiest.

Barrie wrote:
    Maybe getting the V535 unlocked?It will cost you 10-20euro and your probaly going to pay that to port back to 02(Well i had to pay 20 to port to meteor)Id say its the better option and easiest.

Is there any way to get free credit from Meteor (I lose €80 free credit from 02 for doing it that way).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭jlang

Can you sell the credit on to a mate who is on 02 or is it already loaded on your account?

Advertisement