Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calculating your total grade?

• 10-05-2005 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi, i was wondering how they calculate your final grade.For example in history if you get 60% in paper 1 but only 30% in paper 2 can you still pass. Or if you fail one paper is that it?
    Another thing, I only handed in two essays for both english and history, is this gonna affect my grades in a big way

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

read your course hand book, each faculty - and sometimes subject have their own guidelines and rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

From what I believe in Arts they add your total score from each paper to your essays and everything comes under one percentage.

For example: Paper 1 60%/ Paper2 30% / Essays 50% = 140 out of 300 = 47% which is a pass

If I'm wrong I'm f**ked

Regarding essays. Yes it does effect your overall score. In 2 of my subjects essays/assignments make up 25% of the total mark. Now I don't know what the percentage is for English and History but the exam is most important and vital. Don't worry about how many essays you have done. You can easily pass a subject without doing any essays providing you do well in the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Are you in first year history? If you are I think the essays are worth 20% along with the tutorial marks. They screwed us over saying that they were going to take our best fives essays for our average at the start of the year and then telling us at the end they were taking all eight. It's only 20% though so you can still pass no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

Thanks folks, i read the course handbooks but there was nothing about grading in them. Anyways i'd better get to work on the second papers.

Advertisement