Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Nationwide Question

Options
  • 10-05-2005 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello,

Quick question about some Irish Nationwide a/cs in the family.
    My mother opened three investment share a/cs in 1986 for myself and two sisters.
    As we were underage her name also went down on each account as the Irish Nationwide requested this at the time and is still the same.
    How would this affect any entitlements with demutualisation as i heard that it all revolves around the details when you opened the a/c.
    Would they be classified as three different shares or would they just the one as my mother's name appears on all three accounts.
    We recevied paperwork about 18 months ago asking us to verify names and addresses for them to update their records but then only my mother recevied a notice about the AGM which leads me to believe that it might only be seen as one share.
    Is it the lead name on the a/c that will determine this.
    Has anybody got anything positive to say?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Hello,

Quick question about some Irish Nationwide a/cs in the family.
    My mother opened three investment share a/cs in 1986 for myself and two sisters.
    As we were underage her name also went down on each account as the Irish Nationwide requested this at the time and is still the same.
    How would this affect any entitlements with demutualisation as i heard that it all revolves around the details when you opened the a/c.
    Would they be classified as three different shares or would they just the one as my mother's name appears on all three accounts.
    We recevied paperwork about 18 months ago asking us to verify names and addresses for them to update their records but then only my mother recevied a notice about the AGM which leads me to believe that it might only be seen as one share.
    Is it the lead name on the a/c that will determine this.
    Has anybody got anything positive to say?

the lead name is the one yes. u will only get one payout if her name is on all 3 accounts as the lead name. my advice is change the names around NOW on 2 of those accounts if possible.

i have 2 accounts but my name is on the second line on 1 account and the first line on the other one, so will get 2 batches of payouts for sure.

Advertisement