Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Name the car!

Options
  • 10-05-2005 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone could tell me the model of this VW Polo if they know? Besides the alloys and tints is it modded? Is there a body kit on it? I'm looking into getting a Polo and this looks like a nice model to get.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Yep, The nose cone is an add-on, as are the side skirts, i assume there is a rear skirt, prob with exhaust chrome add-ons. It looks like there is a small spoiler on the back. The windows have been tinted, the alloys are not VW (i think), and there are low profile tyres on it.
    Don't think the suspension has been lowered, and i am not sure about the red lines. I think they are standard on the comfortline model :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks like it could be a modified Polo 1.6 GTi but could easily be a 1.0 base also.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hmmm, not sure if I'd bother with modding a car to be honest. How much would it cost? Polo Base, I kinda remember them not looking too bad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It depends on what you would want done. Visual modifications such as body kits, alloys speakers and spoilers can run into a couple of thousand euros. Modifications to the engine, exhaust, suspension, etc can vary also. There are probably some lunatics out there who haves spent over €10k on modifing their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

bazz26 wrote:
    There are probably some lunatics out there who haves spent over €10k on modifing their cars.

and then are surprised when they can't sell their '91 knacker wagon for 20K :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

He has switched the indicator lenses to clear ones aswell, not available as standard on that car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

The front bumper is stock but has a front lip. It is a 16v bumper.
    It is a mk4 polo and I think model/chassis code is 6n .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

bazz26 wrote:
    There are probably some lunatics out there who haves spent over €10k on modifing their cars.

thats pennys ... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

eoin_s wrote:
    and then are surprised when they can't sell their '91 knacker wagon for 20K :rolleyes:

lol, noticed that. i think im about to advertise my car in the mags and was having a browse through last night - i could not believe the amount of waaaay over the top pricing on some of them ! car modifying is not about a small business with a good turnover profit for putting a kit on your car :D

Advertisement