Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

sound problem when trasferring - please help

• 10-05-2005 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

hey
    i have a samsung minidv and conect to pc with firewire, using Pinnacle Studio 9.

i have edited a few tapes from the dv onto the pc then burnt onto cd, but one particular mini dv tape will not transfer over without crap sound.
    i've tried a few times and i always close down most programs such as mcafee etc, however on this tape, the sound is always coming onto the pc blotchy .. kinda like the sound pauses every other second or something.

its perfect sound when i play it on the camera, so can anyone suggest how i may solve this problem?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It's unlikely it's a problem with the firewire connection, especially if the other tapes copied fine. Try defragmenting the drice you are copying onto.

Don't suppose you have another camera you can play that tape in. Sometimes, faulty tapes will play fine on the machine the were recorded on and not on others. At least if it played in another camera, you could rule out the camera, firewire, which only leaves a computer issue.

As I said try defrag the drive.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

thanks, i defraged, but its still patchy.
    dont have another camera unfortunately.

could there be anything else that's up with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

No idea.

John

Advertisement