Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cant receive email in mail client

• 10-05-2005 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

For some reason a friend cant receive email in Thunderbird. He has an eircom address and Thunderbird gives no error when checking for mail, just no mail comes in. If I check the mails on mail2web.com then I can see that there is new mail.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Make sure thunderbird isn't set to leave a copy of the messages on the server. Afaik, thunderbird, and most other clients, make a note of what it has already downloaded, if you choose not to delete the messages from the server after download. If you delete the mail in Thunderbird, it'll sit on the server, but thunderbird will refuse to download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Patrick

Thunderbird is on it's default settings and the emails havent been downloaded to thunderbird before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Caixa

Is it when you just click the "Check Mail" button in Thunderbird? I have a setup where it will not download when I click that button, but it will download if I select an account. I guess it might be set in the account options for both accounts to not automatically download, but I'm not at that machine, so I can't verify.

I'll check that thanks

This worked for the gmail account however the eircom account still wont receive any emails.

• Advertisement
Advertisement