Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cost to tow

Options
  • 10-05-2005 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

Any rough estimates on much it would cost to tow a car from dublin to the north of ireland?

Friend from the north had a break down, not covered by breakdown assist down here but once they get across the border they will be fully covered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

comanche wrote:
    Any rough estimates on much it would cost to tow a car from dublin to the north of ireland?

Friend from the north had a break down, not covered by breakdown assist down here but once they get across the border they will be fully covered.

are you sure it wouldn't be cheaper to get it fixed down here... breakdown assist usually only covers minor things, not the sort of stuff that would cost the money you are talking about for the tow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

jhegarty wrote:
    are you sure it wouldn't be cheaper to get it fixed down here... breakdown assist usually only covers minor things, not the sort of stuff that would cost the money you are talking about for the tow....

car is in a garage down here, part is going to take guts of two weeks to arrive (my ar*e). if the car was back up in the north then my friend would be entitled to a curtosy car while waiting for the fault to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

it might be cheaper to rent a trailer yourself and do it. I recently had to get my car towed and it cost 120 for about 12 miles. (in the dundalk area). I've no idea how much it would cost to get a tow for the distance you are talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

it might be cheaper to rent a trailer yourself and do it. I recently had to get my car towed and it cost 120 for about 12 miles. (in the dundalk area). I've no idea how much it would cost to get a tow for the distance you are talking about

Good idea. Now all i need is a car with a tow bar!

Advertisement