Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

hibernian or quinn direct

Options
  • 10-05-2005 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

24 male, 2 year no claims, 2 years full license, 99 1.4 focus.

Here are the 2 best quotes i have for my renewal at the end of this month.

hibernian 1,310
    quinn direct 1,144.38

I have been with hibernian for the past 2 years. I have heard some bad reports about quinn direct, supposidly they are tough to deal with if you have a claim or anything.

I have rang hibernian a few times and called into the local branch, they will not match the quinn direct quote to keep me as a customer. They showed me a comparision chart of the cover you get from hibernian vs quinn direct. Hibernian seem to come out on top with everything but then again do i need all those little extras.

what do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Quinn Direct policy is incredibly flimpsy

where abouts are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Have you tried AXA? I went with hibernian and done the ignition course but the following year AXA were cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

podgeen wrote:
    24 male, 2 year no claims, 2 years full license, 99 1.4 focus.

Here are the 2 best quotes i have for my renewal at the end of this month.

hibernian 1,310
    quinn direct 1,144.38

I have been with hibernian for the past 2 years. I have heard some bad reports about quinn direct, supposidly they are tough to deal with if you have a claim or anything.

I have rang hibernian a few times and called into the local branch, they will not match the quinn direct quote to keep me as a customer. They showed me a comparision chart of the cover you get from hibernian vs quinn direct. Hibernian seem to come out on top with everything but then again do i need all those little extras.

what do ye think?

Quinn Direct, no problems after 4 years... but never had a claim ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

have you tried the likes of Axa for a better quote? I was with quinn for 4 years, they then became uncompetitve for me so I went with Axa who at the time were a couple of hundred cheaper and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better customer service/manner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

i assume that you have done the ignition course?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

I have tried axa, fbd, eaglestar, 123.ie and bestquote.ie

None of them are coming close to the hibernian or quinn direct quote.

BazH - I've heard that about the quinndirect policy, well when i rang AXA they asked what was my renewal premium etc.. i told them both, they said they best they could do was 1,500. Then they recommended that I go with hibernian even though they were a bit more expensive. I thought this was strange coming form an AXA employee.

I have lots of friends who are insured with quinn direct and they have never had any problems, but then they have never had to claim.

I'm in dun laoghaire/blackrock.

i have a 30% ignition discount, a 10% loyaility discount, a 10% penalty points discount with hibernian, a 20% no claims bonus and a 5% low milage discount :)

None of the above apply to quinn direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Quinn Direct are Morons I deal with Hibernian one or two minor problems but In all a good company to deal with Quinn are an ignorant shower of F*cks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Did you try www.tesco.ie? They're repackageing hibernian, but they seem to be able to come up with more competative quotes....

Paddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I assume your policy is full comp, QD dont do things like windscreen cover while the others do, I have had 2 screens go on me this year and replaced at a cost of about €350 each, both claims easily processed and dont affect my NCB. My friends son who is with QD had a similar problem and told him to funk off.

paddyfagan - yeah i tried tesco but they were about 200e more than hibernian. I even rang them but they couldnt match it cause i had the loyality discount etc.

Nutzz are you with hibernian or QD. Yeah im fully comp.

hibernian, motorcare product, see link on their main page. Avoid QD imo, going by my friends son's experience and what others say here. €166 extra over 12 months is cheap for the peace of mind imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

I'm not a big fam of QD either, find them to be incredibly picky policy wise and not very consumer friendly...and this experience is also of friends and family also with them.

Very good point made there about the list of extra's, I recently had a claim against me - one for a windscreen and was mightily glad I had the windscreen cover included and then the other was 3rd party and accidental damage against my named driver....didnt even realise I had step back cover included so it meant that claim only reduced my NCB from 5 years to 3 years so the extra's really do pay off in certain circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭JohnnySideburns

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Dont go near QD...they are a joke....Im with FBD....they are great.....extar 100 quid for a year is nothing for peace of mind!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

I assume your policy is full comp, QD dont do things like windscreen cover while the others do, I have had 2 screens go on me this year and replaced at a cost of about €350 each, both claims easily processed and dont affect my NCB. My friends son who is with QD had a similar problem and told him to funk off.

So you went on 2 holidays this year. Fair play to ya. The sooner insurance companies get rid of that windscreen cover the better. The amount of skangers making fake claims on that feature is unreal. :mad:

So you went on 2 holidays this year. Fair play to ya. The sooner insurance companies get rid of that windscreen cover the better. The amount of skangers making fake claims on that feature is unreal. :mad:

wtf? who are you calling a skanger? would you like to see the invoices from AAA windscreens funk wit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

i would go with hibernian anyday over quinn direct. the extras on the hibernian policy are much better in fact i dont think you get any with quinn direct and also the excess on the quinn direct policy is much higher than on hibernian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

Don't know anything about QD but I'm with Hibernian and find them brilliant - Never claimed for anything more than a windscreen though.
    I often swop between two cars and they never charge me a bean for doing this and are always very polite and helpful.
    As an aside I rang AXA for a quote a few years ago on my Peugeot 605 Saloon (2 Litre Petrol, me 25+, Full NCB, etc.) and they wouldn't quote me - said it was a "high performance vehicle" - Funny shower of muppets them :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement