Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advance Wars 2

Options
  • 10-05-2005 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Okay, so we all know that this is a fantastic game on the GBA.

Worthy of title of greatest game ever on all formats.

But anyway, does anyone else really get addicted to the music in it?

I download the evil Black Hole theme, the one that plays before missions when it shows Black hole Troopers talking to the CO's.

Damn fantastic. Its playing for the last hour on repeat while I'm browsing. I was in a college exam yesterday, and I started humming Grit's country style theme. Too much Advance Wars on the brain....

I'm thinking it's all a bit sad really, but its just such a great soundtrack....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Funny you mention advance wars 2, I only just finished the final mission a few days back after coming back to it after about a year. Bloody hard mission too, on the seventh or eighth time I finally managed to sneak a bomber from eagle up to the laser. Now I am working the maps to unlock the extras, these missions are tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The game is pure genius, i stopped playing it a while ago, must pick it up again soon.

Also, the new Fire Emblem game for the Gamecube is supposed to use an identical engine and is coming to europe... i am happy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can't believe the GBA fire emblem was the first fire emblem game to get an english translation. They are all absolutely brilliant. Can't wait for the new GBA and GC Fire Emblem games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What ever happened to Advance Wars for the Gamecube? It was looking so good....haven't heard anything about it for ages, and no new screens either. :confused:

Is Fire Emblem a Strategy game also, or an RPG that just uses the same engine? I hate RPG games tbh.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

From what ive seen Fire Emblem is just like Advance Wars... check out www.gametrailers.com for two trailers for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

fire emblem is already out in japan and is supposed to be amazing. the gba version is classic and there is a second one on the way mid summer.

advance wars on the gamecube isnt made by the same developers. not even turn based! just another shtty game.

advance wars on the gamecube isnt made by the same developers. not even turn based! just another shtty game.

Thats terrible.....so essentially its a different game then.....does it still have the same characters and building capture system, units, etc?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fire Emblem is a turn based strategy game with a storyline. In fact I'd go so far as to say it's basically Advance Wars with an RPG story. And don't rile me up by saying you hate RPGs!

Advance Wars on the cube isn't looking good :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Retr0gamer wrote:
    ...And don't rile me up by saying you hate RPGs!

LOL:p

Advance Wars on the cube isn't looking good

Agreed, but the funny thing is that a few big gaming websites gave it a thumbs up in play tests!

So, although its more of a real time action game, they said it still retains the spirit of advance wars....etc etc..

Only time will tell!

• Advertisement
Advertisement