Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new gadget how cool is this

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

wow

thats a serious piece of kit.
    how much is it setting you back?
    where did you buy and when is it arriving?

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Overclockers.co.uk £200 sterling hopfully next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

If you haven't put the order through yet...
    DON'T. Buffalo make absolutely dire wireless products. They really are the Apple of the wireless world, making everything they use be exclusive. If you want to put an extra aerial onto this, you'll have to buy a Buffalo one for a disgusting amount of money (in comparison with generic aerials)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Thats like the Kiss boxes, but I'm not sure if they let you use a better antena. I have the standurd Kiss 1000, its very handy to be able to watch Divx/Xvid on your TV :D

The better Kiss boxes come with hard drives as well as network connections (wired and wireless)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

the usb is really whats caught my eye.
    im gonna wait for lidl to do one in a few months time :fingerscrossed:

there was alink around here im supposed to check aswell....
    bloody webfilters in work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

My Pinnacle show centre arrived today. It's the dogs....

Can be seen here..... http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=7395453748&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=78287

John

The problems with the Kiss players is the terrbile firmware and the lack of High Definiation support same as the Pinnacle, I am in the middle of getting a High Defination plasma and the buffalo player upscales all xvid and divx files to High defination and has the ability to use cheap external hard disks.

The reviews for this player have been very good and there is a great community web site with a rep from buffalo answering questions, believe me I have done the research and as of this moment it is the best availiable.

Kiss is releasing the 600 series in the next six months and these might be worth a look then

By the way Lump did you buy it from ebuyer and do they ship to Ireland

I bought mine from the US, But have bought from Ebuyer lots. They do ship to Ireland with a £25 charge (Expensive).

Pinnacle have upgraded their machine since the last make of this media centre. Essentially it's a second edition.

Also...
    TCP/IP wrote:
    and the buffalo player upscales all xvid and divx files to High defination and has the ability to use cheap external hard disks.

That'll look crap, how does it up scale to High Def... all it could possible do is copy the lines, so each line would look twice as thick.

Also Divx are compressed so any upgrading would be pointless. However, have High Def that has been compressed looks good, because the quality in is better, hence, even if it's compressed by the same amount as stand def, it looks alot better. False economy TBH. Also, don't get a plasma. Search for my opinions on them ;)

John

I have seen Divx upscaled and it is amazing. As for plasmas there are great buyiny my second one that the moment u just need to know what to buy as there is a lot of crap put there

• Advertisement

Right, you obviously have no clue.... You believe it's good if you wish.

John

Oh! I was in a mood last night, What a little bitch I am!

John

No probs lump next time a banning ( only kidding) please tell me what u think is good

I'm sure it's fine.... just the rubbish about upscaling a Divx to High def is pointless.

Refer to my above post.

John

Advertisement