Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many mobile phones do you buy in one year

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I change my phone every 6 months or so but i like the fone i have (7270)now and i've had it since jan and dont plan on changin any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Alun wrote:
    Considering my phone is about 5 years old, that works out at 0.2 phones/year! I'll replace it when it breaks, not a minute sooner.

Im with you im on my fourth since 97, had my trusty 5110 till 2 yrs ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Most phones seem pretty generic to me so I just change when I get an upgrade. I see enough of them all anyway so nothing seems too exciting. Would definitely like an N Series or 6680 next though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

In 8 months i've gone through 7 different phones.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

perhaps the thread title could be amended to ask "How much do you spend on handsets every year"? Some people go through quite a number of sets per year so let us know how much you are spending on these babies!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I go through on average 6/7 phones a year, I change frequently.

This year alone, 6600, v300,N-gage, 3200, 3100, 3510i, moto t191, Sony Ericsson k500i, and soon a gx20 is arriving. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i have gone trough over 10-15 mobile phones since last year.thats minimum. i get them, use them for about 1-2 months then get fed up easily. thats why i am on boards always sellin fones. it is a pain in the back side as your bank balance reduces alot. i like my latest fones but thats just life.
    and dublin 8 you are normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It hasn't really cost me much to be honest. maybe 400 over the year..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Upgrade about once a year unless there's a phone that I really really want, I'll get it sim free online.

As for you Padser...
    padser wrote:
    I just use the old vodaphone insurance to get a new phone every 13 months, just pay E5 per month and then say its not working anymore and you get a replacement one for E30.

..you and people like you are whats wrong with this country.

And to actually boast about it like you're some genius makes me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

on my 6th or 7th phone in the last 4 years. havent bought any since my 1st one, they've all been phones from work. going to buy the next one though, might as well use the vodafone upgrade option at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

One a year is my general rule of thumb. I bought a SE Z600 from the for sale forum here last year and today will hopefully be getting a Samsung D500.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Two phones in the past eight years.

Annoyingly they haven't really become any smaller or lighter in the past four years as they keep adding what I'd regard as useless crap to the phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I've never bought a phone. Always got them for free.

Advertisement