Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upgrading bose system

Options
  • 10-05-2005 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Hi, I've got a bose lifestyle 8 system, Great sound, But there is a serious lack of connectivity...and since i'm currently adding more equiptment to my setup i need more ports...

I was wondering if there is a AV Reciever that doesn't have its own amplifier build it that i can just plug the coax or optical out into the bose amp...and plug all my equiptment into the new reciever...

Obviously i would need to use bsoe remote to control volume , But i would use the remote that came with new amp to select sources etc...

Or is there anyway of turning my bose lifestyle subwoofer into a normal sub...Ie remove big bose amp of the back of it and just run normal speaker out into it

This probally makes now sense..

Any advice please

Digiking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Ok. I hate my bose system, I'm gonna have to buy a new subwoofer that doesn't have the amp built into the back of it as well as a new amp...Sub is gonna be a few hundred...Ooch...Why did i buy an all in one bose system...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

What exactly are you trying to do?

If it's just connectivity, buy a pre-amp - Yamaha used to have decoder (5.1) only machine but don't think they have one anymore.

I have a Lifestyle 5 (10+ years) and quite happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Connect up a whole host of audio and video devices such as sky+ , Dlink Media Lounge, Cd Changer, Airtunes Express, Second Digital Satellite box, Vcr, Pc, Etc etc...

Bose system only has one coax in ...So i think a decent preamp would be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭JimmyL

Good luck with finding a AV preamp. A quick search came up with only an Arcam FMJ AV8 (TAG McLaren also came up but didn't even bother open the link).

You could always get an amp and not use the amp!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

digiking are u interested in selling your bose system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

why don't you ring Bose direct and ask them do they take trade ins ( sometimes they run promotions)

and then get the system 15 with the 6.1 upgrade speaker and run a seperate sony amp into it

Very happy with this system myself for a few years and the sony amp basically has too MANY inputs

I can look up the head sales guy name for you if u want , was very helpful about 6 months ago when i had a techie query

Advertisement